10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching that first half yesterday and couldn't help but think that 2 nights earlier I was laughing at a similar performance from Nunez. He'll run his bollocks off, create chance and get chances but he's just no good in front of goal. He's not even hitting the target with most of them. Something needs to improve otherwise it'll be like playing with 10 1/2 men
It's when players don't get chances you worry, Nunez if he starts scoring will be a top player, the same with Grealish.

Grealish has moments of quality followed by distinctly average times, that has to change if he wants to be a top player in a top team, consistency is everything.

I do find the Grealish/Sterling comparisons exhausting.

Whilst fans got on Sterlings back it wasn't through lack of trying. Sterling had become so lazy, so disinterested, unwilling to put in any effort. You can see Jack wants to excel, is putting the effort in, he's just not having much luck at the moment.

So i'm reluctant to put any more grief on his shoulders because he does at least look like he's trying his best, unlike Sterling who we all knew had the talent but didn't appear to care anymore. That's what made him so frustrating.
Both play/played for City out-wide and both are terrible finishers.
Sterling is better in front of goal than Jack which is a measure of how poor Jack is at finishing.
Missing chance after chance after chance, such a frustrating player

This is on the BBC football Gossip page today - I suspect its just the papers trying to unsettle one of our players as per

Manchester City are willing to offer AC Milan England midfielder Jack Grealish, 27, in exchange for 23-year-old Portugal forward Rafael Leao. (Calciomercato - in Italian)
Absolute bullshit but we could wish, Grealish would love living in Milan

Both play/played for City out-wide and both are terrible finishers.
Sterling is better in front of goal than Jack which is a measure of how poor Jack is at finishing.
Missing chance after chance after chance, such a frustrating player
Difference is we're still winning.

I just hope he gets a start on Saturday now. Every time he gets a bit of momentum he's on the bench next game. I know that's to be expected with this squad but I think Jack really would benefit from a run of games. A few times this season he's put in a great performance only to be benched the following game killing any confidence it seems.

I thought bar him missing a couple of good chances he played well overall.

Teams that play against City always seem to double up on the wide players which is why Jack struggled a bit in the first half against Leeds. He had a bit more freedom second half and he made it count.
He did play well overall, just some people can't or won't see overall.

The sooner Pep realize he isn't a left winger, the better.
He isn't a traditional winger who can beat a man with pace or a bit of skill. The only time you will really see Grealish go past players is if he's already running with the ball at full pace, usually from a deeper position.

The problem he's got is that he isn't going to get a chance in midfield over De Bruyne, Bernardo or Gundogan as they're three of the best in the world at what they do.

I don't believe that Pep tells him to never take on his full-back, I think it's more that he's aware he doesn't have the attributes to beat his man consistently so he's essentially playing the role of a midfield recycler but from a wider position.

It isn't particularity inspiring but Pep must see some value in his contribution otherwise he wouldn't keep playing him. If you're expecting exciting wing play like we saw from someone like Sane for example then you're going to be disappointed.

I just hope he gets a start on Saturday now. Every time he gets a bit of momentum he's on the bench next game. I know that's to be expected with this squad but I think Jack really would benefit from a run of games. A few times this season he's put in a great performance only to be benched the following game killing any confidence it seems.

I think we will find it's Bernardo's go tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.