10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep talks about this all the time.

I'm not saying he doesn't want him to attack, but he had said multiple times that attacking aggressively isn't the answer.

Here's his interview after the Newcastle match, where he was really unhappy about the lack of control:

“When we break the lines we can run, and if you finish the action it’s not a problem, but if you don’t finish you don’t control Saint-Maximin and Almiron,”

“We should spend more time in the final third, give more passes in that moment,”

“But it’s difficult, because Erling is going, Phil has this aggression to go; if Jack plays there or Riyad (Mahrez) or Bernardo (Silva) play on the right, they are more calm and they help us to be all together, and when we lose the ball we are there and they cannot run."

Note that Jack is the very first name he mentions as a specific solution to the problem.
Kev also spoke about City’s style of controlling the game compared to Liverpool (think it was them), being more of an ‘up & down’ team, so I’d agree, there’s plenty of evidence that Pep wants us to play a controlled type of football

Plus we see it with our own eyes week after week

The sooner Pep realize he isn't a left winger, the better.

Maybe a wild guess on my part but I’m thinking that Pep knows enough about football players to understand exactly what Grealish is . . Perhaps even better than some of the experts on here?

I’ll expand on my wild guess by saying that I think Pep fully understood what he was getting when he supported the Grealish purchase, that he plays him in the position he bought him for, that Grealish plays the way that Pep tells him to and that Pep is so happy with what he gets out of Grealish that he repeatedly uses him.

The alternative is that Pep’s clueless.
I admit that I may be wrong on this, but I really don’t think so.

Let's be honest he's been so underwhelming so far in a city shirt. It's the same old week in week out nothing changes in his performances. I've yet to see him actually take a full back on playing on that left side, and his goal tally is so poor.
I think he'll be gone in the summer unless there's a massive turnaround in performances from now until the end of the season

Let's be honest he's been so underwhelming so far in a city shirt. It's the same old week in week out nothing changes in his performances. I've yet to see him actually take a full back on playing on that left side, and his goal tally is so poor.
I think he'll be gone in the summer unless there's a massive turnaround in performances from now until the end of the season
So why does Pep pick him regularly if week in week out he's so underwhelming, do you think Peps an idiot ?

So why does Pep pick him regularly if week in week out he's so underwhelming, do you think Peps an idiot ?
It’s why this thread is so hard to reply to without calling posters out. I try my very best, honestly I do, to remain as neutral as possible when reading comments but then you come across the kind of shite fordyboy has just wrote and it all goes out of the window! Haha!
I mean, he’s posted that nonsense just two days after Grealish played a huge part in a tricky away fixture that won us the 3 points. I don’t expect much in general from Fordy but it’s like he’s not even trying anymore.

It’s why this thread is so hard to reply to without calling posters out. I try my very best, honestly I do, to remain as neutral as possible when reading comments but then you come across the kind of shite fordyboy has just wrote and it all goes out of the window! Haha!
I mean, he’s posted that nonsense just two days after Grealish played a huge part in a tricky away fixture that won us the 3 points. I don’t expect much in general from Fordy but it’s like he’s not even trying anymore.

We both agreed the other day,and still nothing changed from my end,and surely yours either,it's a huge 6 months ahead

We both agreed the other day,and still nothing changed from my end,and surely yours either,it's a huge 6 months ahead
Definitely, he has to continue to perform well in order to combat a lot of unwarranted criticism and sadly for him without goals he will give some posters the ammunition they need regardless of him actually playing well in general.
The Leeds game is the perfect example. He had a poor first half, which was made far worse by his miss that should have been buried. Absolutely no issue with him getting a bit of grief for that but then to come out second half and play such a huge part in the eventual 3 points deserves plenty of praise as well. Those who have been on this thread from the start telling us how they don’t rate him and think he’s a waste of money only tend to concentrate on the first half and that’s why I feel the need to try and give him some well deserved support

Definitely, he has to continue to perform well in order to combat a lot of unwarranted criticism and sadly for him without goals he will give some posters the ammunition they need regardless of him actually playing well in general.
The Leeds game is the perfect example. He had a poor first half, which was made far worse by his miss that should have been buried. Absolutely no issue with him getting a bit of grief for that but then to come out second half and play such a huge part in the eventual 3 points deserves plenty of praise as well. Those who have been on this thread from the start telling us how they don’t rate him and think he’s a waste of money only tend to concentrate on the first half and that’s why I feel the need to try and give him some well deserved support

Don't bite mate,haha have you heard me,judge in 6 months like me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.