10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many forgotten that Grealish Goal against West Ham, without it we maybe not winning anything last season.
Or Raheems cross for the first goal against Villa.
The time was right for Raheem to leave but he contributed more than Jack last season despite not being at his best as well.
Again he has not been at his best this season for Chelsea but it looks like he has produced more than Jack.
So to sum up in my opinion Raheem not being at his best has contributed more in a season and a half than Jack has.
A worrying sign.

Or Raheems cross for the first goal against Villa.
The time was right for Raheem to leave but he contributed more than Jack last season despite not being at his best as well.
Again he has not been at his best this season for Chelsea but it looks like he has produced more than Jack.
So to sum up in my opinion Raheem not being at his best has contributed more in a season and a half than Jack has.
A worrying sign.
Agree the time was right for Sterling to go etc.

However according to some he was the worst and most wasteful, no end product anymore etc etc. player on earth last season but managed 13 goals and 6 assists in 30 premier league games and 17 goals and 9 assists in all comps. Granted they are playing different roles in the system but there’s no way Grealish is getting near that this season and hedge a £1 any season, also factor in a certain Norweigan bloke hanging about in the box as well who I’m sure Sterling could have picked out on a couple of occasions.

Would like to see Haaland, Foden & Grealish more however and just the 11 that played United.

Agree the time was right for Sterling to go etc.

However according to some he was the worst and most wasteful, no end product anymore etc etc. player on earth last season but managed 13 goals and 6 assists in 30 premier league games and 17 goals and 9 assists in all comps. Granted they are playing different roles in the system but there’s no way Grealish is getting near that this season and hedge a £1 any season, also factor in a certain Norweigan bloke hanging about in the box as well who I’m sure Sterling could have picked out on a couple of occasions.

Would like to see Haaland, Foden & Grealish more however and just the 11 that played United.
Agree and Raheem proved to be a brilliant buy for us.

Sorry, mate, I was a bit hostile before. Shouldn't have been. Apologies.

To be honest, I felt the same as you when we were linked with Grealish. The idea of spending £250m on Grealish & Kane was something I was against. Then when it appeared we were committed to Grealish after all, I was a little hesitant and wondered what he could bring to City that, say, in 2021, Oyarzarbal couldn't. But by the time we reached Christmas last season I'd changed my mind on him completely. I started to see, and still see, a lot of value in him. I think him and Foden together either side of Haaland is our best front three. I'd love to see them play together more often. Needs to do more in terms of contributing to G/A but his presence improves our other attackers.

Loads of our players (and Pep) all keep saying the same thing about Grealish - that he makes things less chaotic, he attracts 2/3 opposition players to enable the likes of Bernardo, Gundogan, De Bruyne, Foden, etc. to flourish in more space. He's the pace-setter in the team. I think the problems we've suffered from this season have largely come about in games he's missed. Newcastle, Villa, Liverpool, Brentford. Until yesterday against Everton we'd won every single game he'd started this season (in the league anyway). Our win percentage when he starts is higher than when he's benched/dropped. He's been here long enough now for that not to be a coincidence. He needs to do more himself, but I like that he's deferential and allows others to excel - reminds me of Barry, Javi Garcia, Nasri.

Agreed that Foden should be starting more but over Mahrez instead on that right side.
No offence taken mate

I can only assume he is giving grealish final chance to prove himself.

Like let’s be real here, is there a single person who would have Grealish starting ahead of Foden vs Everton.

Pep is stubborn and wouldn’t be surprised he started Grealish last 2 games as a way to show the board what a donkey he is.

Grealish has the worst fifa rating all our midfielders also. Selling sterling and keeping Grealish around was a bad decision.
Guardiola the most successful manager in Europe in the last decade picks players for reasons other than he thinks it’s the best team and players winning games, just stop and think what you’ve said.
Worst fifa ranking well who gives a fuck about that certainly not Pep Guardiola nor any self respecting manager and coach.

I can only assume he is giving grealish final chance to prove himself.

Like let’s be real here, is there a single person who would have Grealish starting ahead of Foden vs Everton.

Pep is stubborn and wouldn’t be surprised he started Grealish last 2 games as a way to show the board what a donkey he is.

Grealish has the worst fifa rating all our midfielders also. Selling sterling and keeping Grealish around was a bad decision.
Oh dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.