10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
he created the best chance yesterday first half that palmer should have taken. mostly he was the only one trying to attack with purpose in the first half even if the final play did not always come off. he has been the second best winger this season for us. so should be the least of our concerns. we have more pressing issues right now in our midfield and our fullbacks.

Ive said it several times,we lack bollocks and aggression.Not one of those players last night in the midfield and beyond fits that bill.

Dias is a massive miss,as is the never replaced Dinho.
I agree but Rodri for me has replaced Dino, very, very different players but both leaders on and off the pitch, I think a lot underestimate Rodri's influence at the club.

Last night is the sort of game he should be leading by example and taking by the scruff of the neck, he has the experience, ability and has been here long enough.

He has been a huge disappointment as a signing whatever anyone says.

£100m paid for a £30m player delivering £10m performances.

There's definitely a player in there somewhere, but it's just not happening for him at City. Villa would have him back like a shot if the price was right but, given his likely wages, he'd be mad to ever ask for a move, so we'll just have to hope that he meets Txiki's/Pep's initial expectations.

Just another example of the football version of "marry in haste, repent at leisure".

£100m paid for a £30m player delivering £10m performances.

There's definitely a player in there somewhere, but it's just not happening for him at City. Villa would have him back like a shot if the price was right but, given his likely wages, he'd be mad to ever ask for a move, so we'll just have to hope that he meets Txiki's/Pep's initial expectations.

Just another example of the football version of "marry in haste, repent at leisure".
I never got the hype at Villa but sadly he is way off even those performances, the odd cameo that get's you hoping this is the start , then back to type.

He is never a wide player in a million years for me, does not beat his man, poor crossing and terrible goal return.

He either get's into CM or we are going to take one hell of a hit.

ALvarez and Haaland should have made us invincible . The lack of attention to quality elsewhere in the squad has been shocking.

Yep, said as much in the utd pre-game.

Grealish, Phillips and Gomez aren't the required quality and should never have been bought.

Both fullback positions are a problem due to bad recruitment and Walker still not being fit, along with Cancelo's form.

Midfield relies on an overplayed Rodri and Bernardo helping out as KDB and Gundogan have seemingly aged overnight and become so slow - along with Grealish and Phillips being not good enough to replace them.

Other than that, things are top.

I agree but Rodri for me has replaced Dino, very, very different players but both leaders on and off the pitch, I think a lot underestimate Rodri's influence at the club.

Yeah,maybe.

I just dont see quite yet the same leader in Rodri that i saw in Dinho,but he was exceptional in that respect and Rodri is only just entering his prime.

Perhaps when Bellingham arrives,it will help with the burden and Rodri will secure that status.

Last night is the sort of game he should be leading by example and taking by the scruff of the neck, he has the experience, ability and has been here long enough.

He has been a huge disappointment as a signing whatever anyone says.

I think that he played crap. But are you sure that he should be the one leading by example? Hardly to image anyone else hoping so...

To describe what happened last night. I think that he played crap.

Southhampton man marked him. Pep asked him staying high up trying to run behind to break them but the ball delivery from Gomez was really bad. And Gomez became more and more terrified. Rare occasions when Larporte or Gundo tried to deliver the ball then we got a through. He handled one or two times well (Palmer chance etc) but several other times not so well. But alas it is just how to break down a defensive aggressive team.

Perhaps if he or Gundo drop deep more often (like what Bernado usually do), it will make the backline more stable and we can hold 0-0 till Southhampton tired. Then go full force in the 2nd half to get a lead. But Pep insisted to get them high up. Perhaps he wanted to test Gomez/Philipps? Or perhaps he wants to try something for the derby? idk.

We will face situations like this more often in the 2nd half of the season. What to do when your wide men are marked? Yesterday Pep tried either FB deliver long balls to the wingers, or trying to get through ball in the middle (which lead to the midfield mess). Some other teams like Liverpool would get the winger roam a little bit "free" and rotate positions often to try to get off the marker. Perhaps that is something we can adapt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.