10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relax I am just joking about him not a "leadership" type in our squad. Villa, maybe. City, definitely no!
LOL you do get paranoid posting anything about this dude, I have never known a player like this at City, fanboy central at times.

£100m paid for a £30m player delivering £10m performances.

There's definitely a player in there somewhere, but it's just not happening for him at City. Villa would have him back like a shot if the price was right but, given his likely wages, he'd be mad to ever ask for a move, so we'll just have to hope that he meets Txiki's/Pep's initial expectations.

Just another example of the football version of "marry in haste, repent at leisure".
Grealish for me is yet another example of a decent enough player, but at a level or two below the player(s) he has replaced.

We have a few too many of these players in the side and when coupled with our mainstay best players being older and in some cases suffering a drop in performance levels, it stands to reason that the overall quality of the side dips on what we have seen previously.

There is nothing wrong with Grealish, with Akanji, with Ake etc etc. They are all decent enough players of a certain level. Unfortunately for them and us, their level is significantly below what has gone before. They all play far too often in a side that is trying to win everything.

Grealish for me is yet another example of a decent enough player, but at a level or two below the player(s) he has replaced.

We have a few too many of these players in the side and when coupled with our mainstay best players being older and in some cases suffering a drop in performance levels, it stands to reason that the overall quality of the side dips on what we have seen previously.

There is nothing wrong with Grealish, with Akanji, with Ake etc etc. They are all decent enough players of a certain level. Unfortunately for them and us, their level is significantly below what has gone before. They all play far too often in a side that is trying to win everything.
Great post.

Don’t think it’s going to happen for Grealish in
that he will be on a par with City greats. But one lives in hope.

However if the team plays at such a slow pace, sideways and backwards ala Everton and last night then no wide player is going to shine. We are not stretching teams and are easy to defend against. Grealish is basically on a par with a lot of others at the moment. Keeps possession at a slow pace.

I think you're missing the point... Some of us like to tap around the nail for a bit before smacking it right on the head.

Easily the worst £ for £ signing since takeover.
(With a nod towards the king of bad signings of course... Eliaquim Mangala)
Sorry, I will try to beat around the bush a bit more next time. Note to self.... Must do better .

Don’t think it’s going to happen for Grealish in
that he will be on a par with City greats. But one lives in hope.

However if the team plays at such a slow pace, sideways and backwards ala Everton and last night then no wide player is going to shine. We are not stretching teams and are easy to defend against. Grealish is basically on a par with a lot of others at the moment. Keeps possession at a slow pace.
True but usually it’s the wide players who inject a bit of pace into attacking sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.