10 | Jack Grealish - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only possible to think of him as slow if you never watched him at Villa. He's dropped his pace at City due to Pep's tactics (emphasising control) and his own lack of confidence (settling into the team etc). Hopefully Pep lets him off the leash. If he does, Jack's pace and directness will improve game upon game. He was unlucky not to get at least an assist last night.

Few watched him at Villa,that has become very apparent.

He's improving steadily, good to see. The dilemma is giving him a sustained run in the team, which he needs; we all know how capricious Pep is with team selections.

He's improving steadily, good to see. The dilemma is giving him a sustained run in the team, which he needs; we all know how capricious Pep is with team selections.

It'll be interesting to see who, if any, is left out on Sunday out of Haaland, Mahrez, Grealish and Alvarez. All took their chance last night and deserve to keep their place.

Personally hope they do. Fuck the tinkering - all four of those showed their qualities last night and that should be rewarded on Sunday.

It'll be interesting to see who, if any, is left out on Sunday out of Haaland, Mahrez, Grealish and Alvarez. All took their chance last night and deserve to keep their place.

Personally hope they do. Fuck the tinkering - all four of those showed their qualities last night and that should be rewarded on Sunday.
Don't think Wolves is a reward. Arsenal may be.

I've legit never seen him run this fast.

Why doesn't he try to make runs behind lol, I've always thought of him as kind of slow.
When Villa played us in 19/20 season and at a moment Sterling was running forward with the ball on a break, Grealish spirited and stopped him with a tackle (given as a foul if I remembered correctly). He seems to always run faster when chasing someone else towards own goal! LOL never saw him running that fast forward.

When Villa played us in 19/20 season and at a moment Sterling was running forward with the ball on a break, Grealish spirited and stopped him with a tackle (given as a foul if I remembered correctly). He seems to always run faster when chasing someone else towards own goal! LOL never saw him running that fast forward.

Watch this from 2:28, footrace with Bellerin who's obviously no slouch.

(Bellerin gains on him but he has the pace and strength to hold him off)

He's not the fastest player in the league but he does have pace, I don't think he's slow enough for it to be a problem.

I thought he was very good. Sometimes you need players with heart to drag you back into a match and his work ethic, tenacity and endless running were a major factor in that.

As he said himself, it’s a shame that it didn’t quite come off in the final third for him and that we scored four goals without a direct contribution from him, but I’m starting to see his worth to the team more and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.