10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Grealish may have a bit of a mental block when it comes to shooting. Instead of looking up, picking his spot and executing. He keeps his head down and goes for the far corner every time, their keeper even took two steps to the left in anticipation before Jack shot the ball.
I don't think it's a technique issues as I've seen others rate his finishing in training, it's a mental thing like Raheem imo.

Outstanding today, a major personality who thrives in games of this type.

If he could start scoring he would be some player, Jack , more insticnivity when shooting, you send the keeper and defenders a telegram before you do now, so easy to defend.

Deserved to start after his midweek performance and repaid the faith well. Good stuff down the left combining with Bernardo.

Thought Pep may have tweaked his role a bit. Instead of just being wide and statically laying ball off inside he was quite often making the inside of the triangle where hes really good with Phil or Bernardo outside. So like a hybrid winger /midfielder. He helped out Josko really well too. Dont think United knew what to make of it Delighted for Jack.

Thought Pep may have tweaked his role a bit. Instead of just being wide and statically laying ball off inside he was quite often making the inside of the triangle where hes really good with Phil or Bernardo outside. So like a hybrid winger /midfielder. He helped out Josko really well too. Dont think United knew what to make of it Delighted for Jack.

Yeah I've always wanted to see him start coming in to the middle of the pitch a bit more rather than standing right on the touch line. I mentioned earlier in this thread last week that he's actually really good at going past players when he has a bit more room in the center of the pitch and glides past them because he can get moving a bit, he's not slow once he gets going, but I don't think he's got super quick acceleration, which is why when he has a very narrow space to work in very wide on the left, he doesn't often try to beat the man down the line.

When he comes in the middle a bit and can run facing goal, he goes past players and also picks out some nice passes. There was a few passes in the first half yesterday where his vision looked outstanding, but he doesn't get much opportunity to do that when he is right on the touchline and either has an option of going down the line or cutting back inside.

I've always said to get the best out of grealish and to see his true quality, you can't restrict him to a very small area of the pitch. Obviously when necessary he will do a good job there and he's good defensively too, but in terms of attack, he needs to able to roam a bit, obviously with some discipline and shape still.

His form has been poor since Madrid however last couple games he’s stepped up. We need everyone to pull their weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.