10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
His best performance in a blue shirt yesterday, thought he looked a class act …. then again the opposition weren’t up to much.

I think part of that is because he had overlapping player ( which was Bernardo yesterday) that gave him more options + space.

I think Jack will benefit from having a proper LB who makes the runs and help him create chances instead of CBs filling there ( Ake / Gvardiol )

For me they are rivals for the same spot, both with different qualities. It presents Pep with a dilemma for the upcoming games.
Not sure it’s a dilemma Pep will know which games suit Grealish and which Doku, plus Doku can play right and rest Foden. So he can play both. I ‘d expect Grealish to play the bigger games though.

Not sure it’s a dilemma Pep will know which games suit Grealish and which Doku, plus Doku can play right and rest Foden. So he can play both. I ‘d expect Grealish to play the bigger games though.
For the games where the opposition can hurt you on the break Grealish Is the natural choice because he doesn’t lose it, and he pulls markers away from others, like at old Trafford. In fact going into today’s game I thought that that team was our strongest and that Doku was best for games like today were the opposition sit back. But the way Doku played today he has to come into contention for the biggest games now because he crated lots and he didn’t give it away

For the games where the opposition can hurt you on the break Grealish Is the natural choice because he doesn’t lose it, and he pulls markers away from others, like at old Trafford. In fact going into today’s game I thought that that team was our strongest and that Doku was best for games like today were the opposition sit back. But the way Doku played today he has to come into contention for the biggest games now because he crated lots and he didn’t give it away
The thing is I honestly don’t care who starts between them. If it turns out that Doku is a miles better player for us than Jack in that role then fucking great stuff. It’s all about the teams success over any individual for me but I have a big issue with people using Doku’s performances as a stick to unnecessarily beat Grealish with.
I reckon Pep is relishing the tough choices ahead.

The thing is I honestly don’t care who starts between them. If it turns out that Doku is a miles better player for us than Jack in that role then fucking great stuff. It’s all about the teams success over any individual for me but I have a big issue with people using Doku’s performances as a stick to unnecessarily beat Grealish with.
I reckon Pep is relishing the tough choices ahead.
To have two such contrasting players available on the left wing can only be a good thing in the long run.

Horses for courses. Control needed, Grealish. Creativity and directness needed, Doku.

My post was not to castigate Grealish but to suggest that he maybe could be utilised in positions other than wide left. He has the physicality and discipline to play in the middle so it does surprise me a little that he rarely plays anything but left wing when some players such as Bernado and Gundo played different roles frequently - sometimes several in the space of one match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.