10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
My post was not to castigate Grealish but to suggest that he maybe could be utilised in positions other than wide left. He has the physicality and discipline to play in the middle so it does surprise me a little that he rarely plays anything but left wing when some players such as Bernado and Gundo played different roles frequently - sometimes several in the space of one match.
None of my posts are aimed at you, mate. You are a fair and balanced poster, which is all I ask for.

My post was not to castigate Grealish but to suggest that he maybe could be utilised in positions other than wide left. He has the physicality and discipline to play in the middle so it does surprise me a little that he rarely plays anything but left wing when some players such as Bernado and Gundo played different roles frequently - sometimes several in the space of one match.
He has the skillset to move inside, but he himself says he takes time to learn things.

Pep is a hard master to please in midfield. Foden can’t get much time there. Grealish isn’t likely to anytime soon.

Really do not see Doku's briliant form will bother Jack , two totally different players Pep will play Doku against teams with a "low block" to open them up and Jack will play in the big games were possession is vital and we need to control games , both will get plenty of games just count our blessings we have so many top class footballers at our disposal

Not sure it’s a dilemma Pep will know which games suit Grealish and which Doku, plus Doku can play right and rest Foden. So he can play both. I ‘d expect Grealish to play the bigger games though.
I've mentioned this before but Doku has looked MILES better on the left than right for us which is odd considering he primarily played on the right for Rennes. Pep talked about him playing on the right in the post-match conference and acknowledged that he needs to play better over there more or less.

I've mentioned this before but Doku has looked MILES better on the left than right for us which is odd considering he primarily played on the right for Rennes. Pep talked about him playing on the right in the post-match conference and acknowledged that he needs to play better over there more or less.

Maybe it is more about mental than skill. I saw Ake mentioned that he can speak same language with Doku and they communicate well. Perhaps this factor contributes.

Competition and use of the squad! Same with Gvardiol and Ake, and vital come the later parts of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.