10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep needs to stop messing around with him. He should be starting all the games against bigger teams. Benching him today was a mistake.

As last season shows, he’s at his best when he can get into a rhythm and when the confidence flows. He’s been plagued by injury and what I see as Pep unnecessarily pitting him against Doku this season (when they can actually play well together from the few minutes we’ve seen of it).

Needs to start against Liverpool. He absolutely rinsed them (and Salah) last season and rises to the occasion.
Absolutely nailed it!

If you wish to use Grealish as a sub option for the last 30minutes, there is a risk that your defenders have already burned out in the first hour. It will be too late.

England learnt it in a hard way in the Euro final. Now it comes to City.

If you wish to use Grealish as a sub option for the last 30minutes, there is a risk that your defenders have already burned out in the first hour. It will be too late.

Thing is, he hasn’t been doing enough all season to be guaranteed a start. He is better for me when he starts week in week out as he gets into a good rhythm. However, at the moment, Doku is doing more from a stats perspective (4 goals and 6 assists against 0 goals and 2 assists for Grealish) and Pep doesn’t want to seem to play either of them anywhere other than on the left. I think he has been underperforming a bit this season when compared to last.

What did he get booked for? Am I right in thinking it was the arguing and handbags around their penalty? I believe that's him on 4 yellows now too with Rodri, one more before our 19th game and he's serving a 1 match suspension.

How many of those cards have come from offences once play has been stopped? I wouldnt be remotely surprised if it was all of them. Needs to learn to control himself better. It's no good winding somebody up or enticing fouls if you cant keep a lid on it yourself and end up getting the exact same punishment for mouthing off in the aftermath.

100 percent. Very disappointing that Pep couldn't see this.

Should given start and subbed Doku later.
I hate this narrative from so many (not meaning to pick on you but this POV is representative) that Jack should do all the hard work and then Doku should come on when defenders are tired to prance about and get an easy assist/goal.

Firstly, any City fan should know that Jack HATES being taken off before the full 90 and he's already struggling for confidence after the number Pep's been doing on his head this season, pitting him unnecessarily against St Jeremy, especially as he was coming back from injury (some prize prickishness from Pep IMO, not to mention completely counter-productive with regards to Jack).

Secondly, why should St Jez get such favourable treatment? He's been with the club five minutes and been distinctly average to invisible in the couple of difficult games he's played (Arse and Chelsea). Jack was an essential part of our winning the treble so it would be nice if City fans could make an effort to give him the respect he deserves. He should be allowed to get confidence and rhythm without being sacrificed to benefit the shiny new toy.

I hate this narrative from so many (not meaning to pick on you but this POV is representative) that Jack should do all the hard work and then Doku should come on when defenders are tired to prance about and get an easy assist/goal.

Firstly, any City fan should know that Jack HATES being taken off before the full 90 and he's already struggling for confidence after the number Pep's been doing on his head this season, pitting him unnecessarily against St Jeremy, especially as he was coming back from injury (some prize prickishness from Pep IMO, not to mention completely counter-productive with regards to Jack).

Secondly, why should St Jez get such favourable treatment? He's been with the club five minutes and been distinctly average to invisible in the couple of difficult games he's played (Arse and Chelsea). Jack was an essential part of our winning the treble so it would be nice if City fans could make an effort to give him the respect he deserves. He should be allowed to get confidence and rhythm without being sacrificed to benefit the shiny new toy.
Think you have your jack grealish headband on too tightly pal very defensive aren't we.

Pep needs to stop messing around with him. He should be starting all the games against bigger teams. Benching him today was a mistake.

As last season shows, he’s at his best when he can get into a rhythm and when the confidence flows. He’s been plagued by injury and what I see as Pep unnecessarily pitting him against Doku this season (when they can actually play well together from the few minutes we’ve seen of it).

Needs to start against Liverpool. He absolutely rinsed them (and Salah) last season and rises to the occasion.
100%, he needs to start all the big games and then we can unleash Doku later

It's a team game and it's about City, Pep does what he believes is in the best interest of the team, NOT individuals.

Well.. Doku deserved to play judging by previous 3-4 games..

Also, I don't think Pep will start Doku against Liverpool. Maybe, if Doku had scored or assisted today or we had won, but as it didn't happen, Jack will start against Liverpool I'm sure.

Anyway, it's November, we are top of the table, Grealish and Doku are fantastic players to have, so I don't think it's that critical if Pep experimented a little bit and tried something new in this game.

Jack has been fantastic addition to the squad, we won the treble with him, Pep knows everything about him and it's like "closed chapter" for him. Doku on the other hand is still a mystery, a lot of skills and opportunities for the team, so Pep has to learn about them and when it's needed, use properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.