10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's into his third year here now and was bought from a side where he played off the left and people still think he's playing out of position by playing on the left? What are you lot on?

Pep absolutely loves a player position change, he's the man who turned delph into the best left back in the league for 18 months, gave a winger in zinchenko a chance to win titles at left back, turned stones into one of the best midfielders on the planet, had foden play as a false 9 amongst many many others, if he thought grealish could play central he would have played central by now.

When we're at our best, Our midfield is playing 1-2 touch, moving the ball quickly at a fast tempo, it's something we've actually struggled with this season imo.

In contrast, Grealish's entire game is a complete contradiction to that. He likes to carry the ball, take many touches, draw opponents to the ball. That's not what pep wants in central midfield and that's the clear reason why grealish isn't a central midfielder for us.

Maybe at a push he could play as a 10 if we had a double pivot but then if we want to do that, we have kdb, alvarez, foden who can all do that and are comfortably ahead of grealish in line for that position.

Jack is player of confidence, typical virgo...

He is born on 10-th of September, me myself 20..

So how I work as usual. As soon as I feel challenge at work or manager hires someone like me, I as usual seek another job, where I work alone and feel safety in terms of competition, that's when I operate better and do my best.

I like when I have something guaranteed and don't feel someone's breath behind my back. I don't say that it's good, but that's how I am and definitely not gonna change.

Jack also needs that guarantee, otherwise he ain't gonna play his best football.

Right now he feels challenge and lacks assurances from the manager I guess.

As soon that situation is resolved and gats guaranteed place, I'm sure he will be as good as he was last year.

Last year he knew that he will always play, no matter what and eventually he progressed to the world-class level..
At Aston Villa he was captain, one-man-team and also he was world-class there..

Challenge ruins him, safety makes him stronger.

Manager's job is to know each player and what makes them tick and manage team accordingly.
Thank you Russell Grant

Jack is player of confidence, typical virgo...

He is born on 10-th of September, me myself 20..

So how I work as usual. As soon as I feel challenge at work or manager hires someone like me, I as usual seek another job, where I work alone and feel safety in terms of competition, that's when I operate better and do my best.

I like when I have something guaranteed and don't feel someone's breath behind my back. I don't say that it's good, but that's how I am and definitely not gonna change.

Jack also needs that guarantee, otherwise he ain't gonna play his best football.

Right now he feels challenge and lacks assurances from the manager I guess.

As soon that situation is resolved and gats guaranteed place, I'm sure he will be as good as he was last year.

Last year he knew that he will always play, no matter what and eventually he progressed to the world-class level..
At Aston Villa he was captain, one-man-team and also he was world-class there..

Challenge ruins him, safety makes him stronger.

Manager's job is to know each player and what makes them tick and manage team accordingly.
It’s got fuck all to do with his fucking star sign. Get a grip!

He was poor yesterday but the whole team was for half of the game. Rodri and Dias were far worse on the night. Two ridiculous players for us.

With Grealish there are games he's really suited to, others where he's not. We have a great alternative in Doku who couldn't be any more different. Let's just accept both will have bad games sometimes and be happy that we have both.

What is his 'natural position'?

IIRC he always played off the left for Villa as he does for us.

Either way, he played poorly last night but he's still having a good season on the whole in my eyes. A lot of overreaction in this thread right now.
He always played off the left for Villa? Not true. He played a whole bunch as a 10. Just look up the game charts...

And how do you know what his output would be playing as an AM?
Because his shooting is really bad, because he never uses his left foot so he wouldn't score that way and would continue to be predictable. Because Foden, KDB and even Alvarez show more creativity in their passing. Also, Foden and especially KDB have better vission and weight on their passing.

What's your opinion of his derby performance and Sheffield?
Fair enough, he was very good in the derby. Nothing to write home about in the Sheff Utd game barring the assist but that’s what he needs to do more often and unfortunately it doesn’t happen anywhere near often enough

What is his 'natural position'?

IIRC he always played off the left for Villa as he does for us.

Either way, he played poorly last night but he's still having a good season on the whole in my eyes. A lot of overreaction in this thread right now.
At Villa he didn’t hug the touchline and pick up the ball with his back to goal and a full back up his backside. He was able to get the ball deep and build up a head of steam driving at opposition defences and go either way. That’s what made him so exciting. We occasionally get to see that when he comes off the line but it happens very rarelt. That’s what made him so exciting at Villa. He has been restricted to being a left winger with us which he never was in the first place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.