10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to see a Pep reinvention of Grealish in the nr 8 or nr 10 role. He certainly has the talent and it may even give a bit of fizz to the midfield at times.
I think the problem with him in the wing is that he is following strict orders but maybe that tactic has run its course now

Because his shooting is really bad, because he never uses his left foot so he wouldn't score that way and would continue to be predictable. Because Foden, KDB and even Alvarez show more creativity in their passing. Also, Foden and especially KDB have better vission and weight on their passing.
You are vastly underrating his passing ability from a central position on the pitch. Did you watch him play as a 10 at Villa?

Just another video of Grealish being a hero.

That's great but I'm more interested in what he does on the pitch and its just not good enough.

We should be looking at selling in the summer to try and recoup some money while he has 2 years left on contract and still has a few years left in his game.

Hero... get a grip

That's great but I'm more interested in what he does on the pitch and its just not good enough.

We should be looking at selling in the summer to try and recoup some money while he has 2 years left on contract and still has a few years left in his game.

Hero... get a grip
Bet we don't try and sell. Why do you think that will be ?

He was free to play where he thought best at Villa. He’s had to learn his position here and it took 18 months or so.

Grealish misses KDB the most.

Is that not one of the bigger problems though? He’s the senior forward in the squad in KDB’s absence. And missed him the most. You can see Foden and Alvarez learning, improving even thriving everyday in his absence.

Grealish is a good solid player, excellent when you’re winning. But his weaknesses when he arrived are still the same today. He’s not learnt where and when to be in or around the back post, he still delays play too much and still seems unsure on occasions of what’s best to do.

If we were playing Liverpool in a league decider or Madrid in the CL final, I’d still start him. But he has real competition now, that will only increase as KDB returns. He needs to make that next step. The talent and desire is there, are the brains? I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.