10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that not one of the bigger problems though? He’s the senior forward in the squad in KDB’s absence. And missed him the most. You can see Foden and Alvarez learning, improving even thriving everyday in his absence.

Grealish is a good solid player, excellent when you’re winning. But his weaknesses when he arrived are still the same today. He’s not learnt where and when to be in or around the back post, he still delays play too much and still seems unsure on occasions of what’s best to do.

If we were playing Liverpool in a league decider or Madrid in the CL final, I’d still start him. But he has real competition now, that will only increase as KDB returns. He needs to make that next step. The talent and desire is there, are the brains? I hope so.
I’m not sure he’s seen as the senior forward though. My biggest concern when we signed him was his fundamental lack of intelligence. He doesn’t learn quickly and so adaptation of his game takes longer than it would for someone like Bernardo, as he would get it immediately.

That’s not meant to dig Grealish out. We knew that before signing him. Remember the audio clip of him not knowing what a thesaurus was?

Pep will find a way to use him. Doku won’t play every game. He has an injury record too, so Grealish will have to work out a way to keep his form up without playing every game.

If he’s not happy with that, we sell him back to Villa for £60m.

So since I last looked at this thread:

- he should be sold
- he’s too thick to learn football

How the fuck do you think he got where he is now if he didn’t learn to play?

Jesus Christ.
I said neither of those things.

If he’s not happy with his squad status, we all know how that ends. Just ask Raheem.

He isn’t a quick learner. He’s said that himself.

I said neither of those things.

If he’s not happy with his squad status, we all know how that ends. Just ask Raheem.

He isn’t a quick learner. He’s said that himself.
He literally learnt a whole new way of playing for City and was integral to the treble last season, so no I don’t know what your point is.

When he said he isn’t a quick learner it was in the context of learning to DJ and speak Spanish. Nothing to do with football.

It’s quite clear his football knowledge would embarrass most on here.

I didn’t say it was you who said he should be sold either.

He literally learnt a whole new way of playing for City and was integral to the treble last season, so no I don’t know what your point is.

When he said he isn’t a quick learner it was in the context of learning to DJ and speak Spanish. Nothing to do with football.

It’s quite clear his football knowledge would embarrass most on here.

I didn’t say it was you who said he should be sold either.
Have you factored in him needing 18 months to become a regular in our side?

He’s a very good component of our side when we need control. Doku creates chaos.

Both are important, but neither will play all the time. Horses for courses. As long they’re happy with their minutes.

Really a whole new level of vile in this thread now, even from people I would have hoped would know better. Absolutely disgusting sentiments expressed towards a player key to City winning the Treble and who shows nothing but passion and commitment to the club.

I hope he does find a different club soon because the fans of this one certainly don't deserve him.

I hate the shackles of a big price that get put on players and wish they were never mentioned, but even if I didn’t, I feel like his performance last year more than paid off his fee. And even if he “just” ends up being a 20 min sub, I still think it’s important hes on the team.

Really a whole new level of vile in this thread now, even from people I would have hoped would know better. Absolutely disgusting sentiments expressed towards a player key to City winning the Treble and who shows nothing but passion and commitment to the club.

I hope he does find a different club soon because the fans of this one certainly don't deserve him.
Stop being such a mard arse on a fans forum ffs .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.