10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naturally, Pep said it best. Jack helps us find the right tempo which is a highly valuable quality, as it provides the best balance between attack and defence. It's not measured in individual stats like goals and assists, but it's vital for the team.

I hope Jack is ready for Liverpool, but Doku can replace him effectively, especially against a team that will want to attack us in numbers and will leave free spaces to exploit.
Spot on. Doku absolutely destroyed the 'world's best fullback' in our last match.

Naturally, Pep said it best. Jack helps us find the right tempo which is a highly valuable quality, as it provides the best balance between attack and defence. It's not measured in individual stats like goals and assists, but it's vital for the team.

I hope Jack is ready for Liverpool, but Doku can replace him effectively, especially against a team that will want to attack us in numbers and will leave free spaces to exploit.
Jack is needed against the better teams. He showed that in the CL last season. He has had a poor season so far but he keeps the ball in those high pressure games and we need him for those moments. At his best he has a higher level than Doku. Bad luck for him last night.

Nothing demonstrated the difference between playing styles than last night. We played the best 20 minutes of the season until Grealish was injured. Despite some nice highlights we were clunky down the left from then on. Doku is still young and hopefully will learn to protect the ball a little better without blunting his natural game too much.

Jack is needed against the better teams. He showed that in the CL last season. He has had a poor season so far but he keeps the ball in those high pressure games and we need him for those moments. At his best he has a higher level than Doku. Bad luck for him last night.

Doku's actual level is anyone's guess. Prior to his injury, he was central to our attacking game, e.g., he was our best player vs Liverpool. Pep must be seeing very special things in him.

He is less in sync with the rest of the team than Grealish, which is to be expected.

Doku's actual level is anyone's guess. Prior to his injury, he was central to our attacking game, e.g., he was our best player vs Liverpool. Pep must be seeing very special things in him.

He is less in sync with the rest of the team than Grealish, which is to be expected.
I like Doku because he is so direct and fast and that will be important against certain teams but he is inexperienced at the highest European levels. I think that will come with time. He couldn't have a better coach than Pep to help him.

Interesting comments from pep re his attitude in training. Hopefully the injury isn’t too bad and he can continue to get in pep’s good books once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.