10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortunately Pep understands completely how important Jack is to how he wants us to play. Today he had some really important defensive actions just when they had a little spell down their right. Jack also rarely gifts possession away and when we need some control he does his job.

Thought he got nothing from the ref tonight. The goals & assists will come - bottom line is he is a quality player and I like him a lot.

Great performance from Jack..

Yep, we all want assists and goals, but we have plenty of players who can do that..

I'm sure Jack will score and assist and contribute to many important goals, like he did last season, but his performances shouldn't be measures by statistics.

Totally agree with this.
He's very disciplined to stick on the wing which I think the boss likes but he just doesn't do anything.
If he does not, who will hold the width on the left?

We don't have a left side version of Walker in this team. And a inverted winger as a wing back what else can you expect?

Strange one tonight for me. He was clearly told to be more defensive & I thought he looked fooked off with it. He didn’t seem at it but never stopped working.

I just want him running at players. He cut inside too much tonight & went backwards

Thought his defensive work was good but made the wrong decisions a few too many times in the first half and a bit predictable when shooting leading to all shots being blocked. He was ok overall but I didn’t think it was his best game going forward

He did excellently in deeper positions.

Noticed he didn't have the usual number of options on the edge of the area to pull the ball back to.

Great performance from Jack..

Yep, we all want assists and goals, but we have plenty of players who can do that..

I'm sure Jack will score and assist and contribute to many important goals, like he did last season, but his performances shouldn't be measures by statistics.
Quality post.

After all, what was he really great at tonight mate?

I thought Walker and Dias were ace, Gvardiol was effective and silky though it’s clear it wil take him a while to embed into our way of doing things, Akanji was much improved on Wednesday night, Kova was fabulous in tandem with Rodri building a really effective understanding, Phil was off the scale, Julian scored a belter without even looking so can overlook the odd error, Haaland missed loads but his record is amazing so he’s exempt.

What Jack did well was keep the ball, like you say, we have plenty who can do that.

Brilliant performance from the team overall.
I’m definitely a Clapper not a Flapper.

Was he great? No... Does he put in an absolute shift defensively? Yes. That tackle while completely isolated 1 v 1 with Almiron was brilliant. I'm not worried about him.

I do think some competition would do him some good though.
*cough txiki cough*

Very disciplined performance that effectively manoeuvred Trippier out of the game.

Would love to see him deliver more in the box but there's no doubt he does a lot of unglamorous work that enforces our shape and disrupts the opposition's.

Tonight he played a cautious game that required him to hold back on a lot of our attacks, cutting off the passing channels of potential Newcastle counter-attacks.

I expect Pep's quite pleased with him. He's playing with maturity and restraint to the benefit of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.