10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you are staying are you ok with him making the decision to shoot from a stupid angles all of the time not just yesterday ? Someone who is not a goal scorer , should he not be putting the ball into the actual reliable scorers ? nothing new, he has always done it , give an actual football reason instead of attacking me

if you are staying are you ok with him making the decision to shoot from a stupid angles all of the time not just yesterday ? Someone who is not a goal scorer , should he not be putting the ball into the actual reliable scorers ? nothing new, he has always done it , give an actual football reason instead of attacking me
Am I ok with him shooting? Yes. Do I think he shoots from stupid angles all the time? No. Do I think his game is a lot more about playing to a specific game plan and doing it very well week in week out, a game plan that requires him to retain possession high up the pitch whilst, waiting on supporting players and trying to find the best angles to put the ball in dangerous areas? Yes. Do I think he puts more workrate into every 90 mins than most on the pitch due to his defensive play? Yes.
All in all I think he’s a massive asset and we are very very lucky to have him.

True but what a waste . He’s basically doing a Mahrez but on the left without the goals .
How can it be a waste when he’s just played a huge part in a treble winning season?
The sooner people can wrap their heads around his actual role and not be fixated by his lack of goals the better. I fear for some that they will never see the woods for the trees.

He will get up to speed with more game time over the next few weeks. Would love us to sign a winger who can give him competition though.

Was near enough a wingback last night. Don't know what it looked like on the TV, but from the third tier it was pretty striking seeing him and walker wide with gvardiol, Diaz, and akanji (when he wasn't in midfield) as a back 3.

That said, I thought he was fine given he had an awkward role.

If he does not, who will hold the width on the left?

We don't have a left side version of Walker in this team. And a inverted winger as a wing back what else can you expect?
He's ok at what he does but he has no penetration at all.

In many respects he's worse than Sterling. He's definitely worse than Sane and not on the same level as Mahrez.

All things considered, he's not great but he holds the wing which makes everything tick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.