10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Villa and Newcastle.

Newcastle for me would be the perfect club for him, the Geordies would love him.

If we are in for Bruno I think they would be asking.

Almiron Wolves GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY
Rule 1.
If you are thinking of selling him and some sort of swap deal.Do not go for a player that is nowhere near Jack's level.

I for one do not want him to leave - I don't think he will btw - he was totally honest in his post match interview about the stop, start nature of this campaign which has effected his form a bit. Never the less for me when the team are looking the absolute best he is usually in the team. Jack adds balance and ball retention plus his defensive work is often underrated. Love him on and off the pitch and there is still much more to come from our Jack.

Little chance we sell unless he asks to go and kicks up a fuss which seems highly unlikely.

Nobody is going to stump up the price we would ask for even if he did want to go and we were willing to sell, you'd have to be getting at least £60-70 million back, villa haven't got any money this summer by all accounts and they need to sell so we can forget that possibility instantly, newcastle are reportedly in a similar situation so those 2 are not options, he's not dropping any lower than that, I doubt jack would be up for moving abroad and even if a sky 6 team were willing to buy him we surely wouldnt be open to dealing with them, so where's he going to go?

Pep might do a uturn with his tactics or come up with something entirely different which might change things but it does seem like pep will be moving away from ball recycling wingers to more direct threats. Doku is already ahead of him right now and will be expected to improve considerably. Savio seems like he's coming in, Bobbs going to improve, grealish is going to have a lot of work to do to find himself playing a significant role next season but thats the challenge he has to overcome.

even if he's on the periphery, Pep will have a use for him in certain games and as a closer.

I do hope he stays. We rotate enough for him to still play a strong role in the squad and our culture is about winning as a team rather than it being about star players. Obvs it still happens with the likes of KDB and Phil standing out but we don't base our play around it like other teams. The choice for players usually when it comes to us is to either stay and win trophies but accept you might not play game in game out or move on to a club you'll potentially be a star man but the risk is you won't win anything. Like Cole for example. As good a time he's having now I think he'll regret it when he realises he could have formed the next wave of core players once some of our aging team members move on. The novelty of being their main man will wear off sharpish when it's trophyless after 3 seasons

Rule 1.
Do not go for a player that is nowhere near Jack's level.
Rule 1 will definitely be violated, if Jack leaves and gets replaced by someone else. Damn, I guess we are f****then, because no one can come close to this level. I doubt we can or will get a winger of this level. Limp 7-times forward aka "control" and "opening space for others to shine", limping without falling aka "balance", at a rate of 12cm/s aka "slowing the game down" and then a 2-4 yard back or side pass aka "100% pass completion". Deary me, who can replace and replicate this, who can do this for 70-95% of the entire match? Oh no, we are so screwed!

Last edited:
Very stop start this season & mainly due to injuries. Happy he won another medal but he really should not be leading the piss up.

He should be head down & getting ready for cup final.

Very stop start this season & mainly due to injuries. Happy he won another medal but he really should not be leading the piss up.

Agreed. Should be showing Pep that he wants that starting spot in the final. Admittedly Haaland and Rodri also looked a bit worse for wear. Bit weird to see us taking our eye off the final a bit.

He wasn’t “leading the piss up” anymore than Ederson was with his magnum of red wine.

There are so many weirdos on this forum.

They were all back in training yesterday for fuck’s sake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.