10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think a lot of posters are seeming to forget his purple patch last season when he was our most influential player for a good 10 matches or so - even more so than KDB for that time……yes I said what I said haha

So basically that’s what he’s capable of and i am sure Pep is expecting that form to come back

Think a lot of posters are seeming to forget his purple patch last season when he was our most influential player for a good 10 matches or so - even more so than KDB for that time……yes I said what I said haha

So basically that’s what he’s capable of and i am sure Pep is expecting that form to come back
Doesnt mean he cant improve on the weakest aspect of his game though.

Even when he looked good in stretches last season, shooting wasnt a part of what made him look good.

Always expect more of our players.

Doesnt mean he cant improve on the weakest aspect of his game though.

Even when he looked good in stretches last season, shooting wasnt a part of what made him look good.

Always expect more of our players.
Agreed

Though he did score a few important goals last season during that patch so I feel like that was the improvement we want - he just needs to get back to that level and sustain it.

It’s still almost preseason for us, a few players not quite up to speed yet - Foden is standing out but I also thought Palmer was looking really sharp in preseason before he was left out for an injury or whatever, then looked sharp in super cup, community shield so he’s unlucky not to get some time on the pitch.

Even If Pep doesn't say it, its obvious Jack needs to do better offensively.
It’s preseason still for city - so many players not fully on it yet. Haaland, Rodri, Silva not at their best levels yet. Foden is standing out…..I agree Jack is looking a bit behind compared to most

Grealish has shown that he can do all the holding of the ball and pauses out on the wing, let alone the defensive ‘doggies’, but, much like Bernardo, that role only allows him to show a fraction of his natural ability. When he was at the Villa, he was receiving the ball ten yards further infield and able to go both sides of his opponent. I’d like to see de Bruyne’s absence as an opportunity to see more of Grealish infield, especially if we make other signings who could play outside.

Grealish has shown that he can do all the holding of the ball and pauses out on the wing, let alone the defensive ‘doggies’, but, much like Bernardo, that role only allows him to show a fraction of his natural ability. When he was at the Villa, he was receiving the ball ten yards further infield and able to go both sides of his opponent. I’d like to see de Bruyne’s absence as an opportunity to see more of Grealish infield, especially if we make other signings who could play outside.
I’d rather he stick to the wing for more Foden time in the middle….if it’s a choice between the two ?

Like him, like him more now than ever. But, he needs to really become a more impactful attacker this season and add better shot selection and goals to his strong game.
I am not sure if he is an attacker any more! Last game Grealish and Walker played as wing backs. I would say it will be difficult to add more goals from a wing back view.

Why don't we just buy a real wing back I would never know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.