10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
My main criticism is mainly about shooting the ball.

His ball control, tempo, and chance creation through cut and cross is all good.

But his finishing is so slow and so choreographed that I beliebe the club should give him some special 1v1 coaching on how to improve this aspect.

Just expecting him to naturally figure it out is not good. Ideally he also could hire his own coach.

Phil did something akin to this, he hired his own personal "sprinting" coach on how to improve his stride and Phil who was never a quick player looks pretty good in this department now.

This was not the club, the player sought it out.

Just hope Grealish seeks something out or the club this time.

My main criticism is mainly about shooting the ball.

His ball control, tempo, and chance creation through cut and cross is all good.

But his finishing is so slow and so choreographed that I beliebe the club should give him some special 1v1 coaching on how to improve this aspect.

Just expecting him to naturally figure it out is not good. Ideally he also could hire his own coach.

Phil did something akin to this, he hired his own personal "sprinting" coach on how to improve his stride and Phil who was never a quick player looks pretty good in this department now.

This was not the club, the player sought it out.

Just hope Grealish seeks something out or the club this time.
He just needs his Viking Meatshield mate to give him a few tips.

He just needs his Viking Meatshield mate to give him a few tips.
While I appreciate the joke I think oddly enough asking Haaland for tips is the worst person to ask.

Haaland never finishes "winger like" goals where he cuts in wide and shoots, his goals are very "striker like" or instinctive.

Foden is actually quite good at this though so he can learn from him.

But think a 1v1 coach is the best option.

While I appreciate the joke I think oddly enough asking Haaland for tips is the worst person to ask.

Haaland never finishes "winger like" goals where he cuts in wide and shoots, his goals are very "striker like" or instinctive.

Foden is actually quite good at this though so he can learn from him.

But think a 1v1 coach is the best option.
Instinct, that's what Grealish needs, in Pep's style he needs to smell out the chances, as you quite rightly said before, he telegraphs his efforts on goal, making it easy for the keeper/defender to stop.

Instinct, that's what Grealish needs, in Pep's style he needs to smell out the chances, as you quite rightly said before, he telegraphs his efforts on goal, making it easy for the keeper/defender to stop.
I dont think its instinct personally.

I think its technique, its learnable.

Instinct cant be tought.

No issue with his style of play, he does what he's supposed to do and he's never gonna be a guy getting 10 goals + 10 assists a season

What infuriates me is when he flat out refuses to go down the outside, I know he wants to cut in but every now and then he can mix it up so they don't know what he's gonna do

Love the guy but he delays the cross/shot so it usually gets blocked-a problem exacerbated by playing on the left with a right foot.

No issue with his style of play, he does what he's supposed to do and he's never gonna be a guy getting 10 goals + 10 assists a season

What infuriates me is when he flat out refuses to go down the outside, I know he wants to cut in but every now and then he can mix it up so they don't know what he's gonna do
When he does try to go outside he does it easily too.

I still think he takes the measure of his marker early, then plays him the best way to keep the ball. That makes him too easy to mark, predictable, and less of a direct threat.

Does anyone think he’s pacy? No, me either. But, his “move” against a defender is almost always the same cut in and drive, while putting his body between the defender and the ball, to draw the foul, if he doesn’t break free. And, that’s where he looks most impressive…free flowing, on the run…but the final ball is often disappointing.

Doesn’t have anywhere near the “output” he should gave for a regular starter, regular international, attacker, IMHO.

Like him, like him more now than ever. But, he needs to really become a more impactful attacker this season and add better shot selection and goals to his strong game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.