10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely thing Jack's abilities aren't fully utilised out on the left, I've always thought that. He wasn't playing right on the touchline at villa. OK Villa aren't us, nor were they really that good then, but I still think he showed he had more strings to his bow as a player when he wasn't being a restricted to a specific section of the pitch. We paid £100m for him for what he showed in his role at Villa.

But if we're being realistic, he's been here 3 years and Pep hasn't really experimented with Jack in any other position than where he plays him, not even against lower league opposition or games without much riding on it. I'm not really going to sit here and think I know better than Pep, he's forgotten more than i'll ever know about football. He must have his reasons. I'd like to know what they are though.

What worries me a bit about Jack is if fans are says no he can’t play anywhere other than LW then it limits both his options and ours as a team. Most of our other midfield players/wingers could play at least 2 positions pretty well. Even Doku has had a go central v Newcastle and on the right a couple of times and will get better.
I suppose Riyad was fairly one dimensional but if Jack stays think he does have a lot to offer further inside and could be moulded into a good CM

has the best person to help him do it

Get him in the middle and watch him shine with Foden, he rarely loses it and would be great playing on there as he did for Villa.
Grealish playing for Villa in the middle and playing for Pep's middfield are two different tasks. Pep midfielders are nothing like Jack and have never been. I called it a while back that Foden will play midfield for Pep before Grealish. Grealish isn't a Pep Midfielder. He is too slow and indecisive. Lacks the vision and the architect. Unfortunately he isn't even a threat or has any bite as a winger, so the only place he can play is CM. So it means Pep has to make do with Grealish not being his type of midfielder and compromise his requirements for Jack. Will Pep compromise for Jack? Will wait and see!

Last edited:
Grealish playing for Villa in the middle and playing for Pep's middfield are two different tasks. Pep midfielders are nothing like Jack and have never been. I called it a while back that Foden will play midfield for Pep before Grealish. Grealish isn't a Pep Midfielder. He is too slow and indecisive. Lacks the vision and the architect. Unfortunately he isn't even a threat or has any bite as a winger, so the only place he can play is CM. So it means Pep has to make do with Grealish not being his type of midfielder and compromise his requirements for Jack. Will Pep compromise for Jack? Will wait and see!
Then why buy him if he’s not his type?

Then why buy him if he’s not his type?
I dont know why. He has been playing him as a winger, which has not really translated well! Pep has trusted everyone but Jack in the middle. Gomez has been subbed in the middle at one point. All of Pep's tenures, Grealish has never fit the mold of a Pep midfielder. Maybe he will compromise, forking out a 100Mill for a player you don't know where to fit in, isn't a good look!

But did that have more to do with the bus stopping and starting rather suddenly, juddering and jumping. The TV pictures of him getting on the bus showed him quite clearly in close up and he definitely has no signs of having had a drink.
Tbf, Diaz was on the front and I thought it was dangerous if it braked suddenly he’d have been off as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.