10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

On one hand im glad Jack hasn't made the squad he needs a rest, also I hope England go out in the group stages now to rest the others.

On the other hand he is off to Ibiza for 6 weeks to get absolutely hammered.

Disappointing but not unexpected omission.

Seems to me that Southgate doesn't have many (if any) genuine game changers in his squad. Jack at the very least offers something different, and his defensive work is infinitely better than the likes of Gordon or Eze.

Southgate is clearly looking at 'going for it' this time, but his squad doesn't really look capable of adapting to a plan 'B' if plan 'A' goes tits up.

I may well be wrong of course, but I really don't see the point in taking Kane, Watkins, Bowen, and Toney. Even Rashford would offer more than Ivan Toney.

I seriously doubt that Southgate will be " going for it ", as he has hardly ever displayed a positive approach throughout his time as England manager.

I fully expect another boring fuck-up of a tournament from the inept manager.

He sucks the enjoyment out of games.

I seriously doubt that Southgate will be " going for it ", as he has hardly ever displayed a positive approach throughout his time as England manager.

I fully expect another boring fuck-up of a tournament from the inept manager.

He sucks the enjoyment out of games.

He should have made the squad on the basis of his experience and ability to do things others can't. To have Gallagher, TAA, Mainoo and Wharton for a spot next to Rice is overkill.

I also don't think you need Bowen if you have Saka, Palmer and then three strikers.

But it's all moot because Southgate was unlikely to ever throw him on anyway when it came to the crunch games.

This way he goes away and decides how he wants to spend his peak years. 5 left at the top level if he wants them. Does he drive himself to be starting for City and England in the World Cup or does he mope and lose focus?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.