10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Southgate is a **** with a desperate need to be liked.

Why call him up if you were never going to pick him? Because I'm not sure what more Jack could have done off the bench on Monday to earn his place. He did more in half an hour than Eze did in an hour and Bowen did in 90 minutes. And as for taking Ivan fucking Toney... form my arse. He's taken him so he can play for penalties, just like he did 3 years ago.

I honestly think he called him up because he's a popular guy, good for the group, keeps spirits high. Then drops him and acts like it was a tough decision. Meanwhile, he's fucked Jack's confidence even more than if he'd just left him out like Rashford, and he's wasted his time.

Then those people need to think deeper as they don't understand the game.

What's David Silvas numbers like?
Jesus christ. Are we really comparing Silva's stats and influence in the game to Jack's? Seriously is this what we are doing now? This is absolute insanity. Fuck, i give up

Why call him up if you were never going to pick him? Because I'm not sure what more Jack could have done off the bench on Monday to earn his place. He did more in half an hour than Eze did in an hour and Bowen did in 90 minutes. And as for taking Ivan fucking Toney... form my arse. He's taken him so he can play for penalties, just like he did 3 years ago.

I honestly think he called him up because he's a popular guy, good for the group, keeps spirits high. Then drops him and acts like it was a tough decision. Meanwhile, he's fucked Jack's confidence even more than if he'd just left him out like Rashford, and he's wasted his time.
It’s always fucked up with England squads and friendlies etc always has been. I remember years ago when Sutton got slated for not playing a B match just before a world cup. Hoddle said it was a chance for anyone to win a place in his world cup squad with a good performance. Le tissier played and scored a hatrick. Didn’t make the squad no doubt we had a load of average midfielders on the bench in said world cup and didn’t have the best penalty taker in the country when as usual we got knocked out on pens.

Stupid thing with Jack is Boregate has always seen him as some kind of maverick and he doesn’t like those sort of players. Whereas watching him for 3 years at City he’s been anything but and can give the type of control and balance we usually lack and you’d think Boregate’s naturally cautious style would like.

He should have started for England never mind made the squad. Instead it pretty much confirms he’ll play some very average player like Gallagher alongside Rice and our best player will be stuck out on the left completely wasted yet again in a major tournament.

Disagree this time, he is coming out of his comfort zone and he is going to go for it.

And I don't rate this guy in any way as a manager.

I understand that Jack hasn't had a great season but as a part of a squad, he's extremely useful.

Especially the England squad, with a cautious manager who'll no doubt park the bus if we have a narrow lead against one of the tournaments better teams.

He did more in his substitute appearance against Bosnia than any of the players that he's competing with for a place too.

Gutted for the lad but hopefully it'll spark him into life for next season.
It's not just about playing though is it.

He could be sat around bored shitless getting no minutes for 1 month, would he want that? or more importantly, could he handle that without causing issues.

That's exactly why Madderson was dumped.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.