10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between this and that report that Grealish was viewed as underperforming in training, I hope this ends up being a push he needs to lock himself into the City team.

KDB is showing his age, Bernardo won't be here forever. There are spots opening up. If you have it in you, go take one.
I agree with this. Opportunity now for Jack to move into the middle with Phil. Doku wide etc

not sure why anyone sees Grealish future in the middle, every shot he has is blocked and he is the king of the U-turn, what part of that makes you think he has the vision and creativity to take the reins from KDB.

Publicity signing, modern day Beckham without the G&A to back it up.

He must use this as motivation to have a wonderful season with us. For me it's a ludicrous decision from Southgate but it could prove to be a big win for us next year.

Above all I have faith Jack will prove many wrong. My message to Jack - Rest up and return to training early eager to show just how talented you are.

not sure why anyone sees Grealish future in the middle, every shot he has is blocked and he is the king of the U-turn, what part of that makes you think he has the vision and creativity to take the reins from KDB.

Publicity signing, modern day Beckham without the G&A to back it up.

Before he joined us I thought he could play as an advanced 8 or 10 for us. He was always someone who wanted the ball at Villa, never hid, and had some ability and creativity.

However they always played opposition who would attack them and therefore give him space.

Now I don't think he has the speed of thought or awareness to play there for us. I'd like to be wrong here though and I'd love him to hit new heights next season.

10 starts this season. 3 goals, 1 assist to his name. Completely out of favour by Pep in the run in.

How can he be shocked at his exclusion.. 28, he never starts for England anyway, he's not a player you look to to change a game either, what's his role in the squad? Pressure reliever?
Eze along with Doku is the best dribbler in the league. And Gordon's G/A output is what Jack has managed for 3 seasons combined for us.

Needs to have a day off from the lads, lads , lads lifestyle. get his head down and focus on next season.

I think this news could be the making of Grealish at City. I’d summarise his time here so far as playing it safe.

It’s almost like he thinks that all he has to do in the game is not fuck up as someone else will win us the game. As a result, he’s lost that spark he had at Villa and takes few risks in the game. It’s like he’s happy to contribute without wanting to be the match winner.

At first I thought it was Pep coaching it out of him or instructing him to keep the ball at all costs. But then you see the way Doku plays and it’s completely different.

Losing his place in the national side means he cannot accept turning up for us and playing safe. He needs to be more selfish and find that spark to be more direct with the ball. We know he’s got the ability to do it and having a full preseason will give him the chance to shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.