10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Well he did pick a load of Palace players because they're in form... And Eze and Wharton are excellent, I really like them.

But they've never even played in Europe, and have only looked good in one England game against mediocre opposition. You can add Mainoo to that too, as I'm pretty sure united's Champions League challenge (!!!) was over before he started playing regularly.

There's so little experience and yet he's cast aside a player who won the treble last year and won the league this year. It's ridiculous.
It was the kind of thinking why we were stuck with players such as Phil jones, smalling, cleverly, wellbeck etc. Because they where apart of successful United sides they got in the squad!

Jack has had a pretty poor season to put it mildly both on and off the pitch. He needs to buck up his ideas and hopefully this is the kick up the arse he needed.

The stories about him not putting in the effort in training and his alleged off pitch activities have cost him his place (both with city and now England). It’s not Southgate’s fault it’s all on Jack.

Taking my city hat off I’m glad we have eze and Gordon over grealish. They are better players on current form

It was the kind of thinking why we were stuck with players such as Phil jones, smalling, cleverly, wellbeck etc. Because they where apart of successful United sides they got in the squad!

Jack has had a pretty poor season to put it mildly both on and off the pitch. He needs to buck up his ideas and hopefully this is the kick up the arse he needed.

The stories about him not putting in the effort in training and his alleged off pitch activities have cost him his place. It’s not Southgate’s fault it’s all on Jack.

Taking my city hat off I’m glad we have eze and Gordon over freakish. They are better players on current form
I think it is also Southgate's: I think he was disingenuous to call him up for the last match with no intention of taking him.
Jack has not had a good season, so I get the decision, but he is one of the country's most talented players and I would have thought better of Southgate if he had not called him up to the squad.

hard end to a hard year. From the stories we've heard its clear city weren't ecstatic about his season either and he basically didn't play at all in the run-in, so as duff as southgate is (dunk over branthwaite lol) I don't think he can be too savaged with so many other options in his position. Next year big for him now.

The stories about him not putting in the effort in training and his alleged off pitch activities have cost him his place. It’s not Southgate’s fault it’s all on Jack.

Taking my city hat off I’m glad we have eze and Gordon over freakish. They are better players on current form

It's all opinions, but I disagree.

Jack was a major part of our treble season and started a lot of games in the first half of this season. To compare him to any of those united backup players is harsh, and that's being kind.

I haven't seen issues with his training etc, think that's more rumour than anything definite. If he's not done well while with England then fair enough.

I don't even feel he played that badly this year. He was just too safe at times. But when picking a squad, you want balance and options. He gives something different to all the other wide players, in that he helps give you control. That control then helps players like Foden be the ones that make the difference.

Grealish is a worldclass player and proven champion so its a travesty that he has been left out for the likes of Anthony Gordon.
I don't mind Gordon, but he should have been going as the more in form 'head down, run fast' version of Rashford. Jack's a different player altogether. He's a footballer.

I think it is also Southgate's: I think he was disingenuous to call him up for the last match with no intention of taking him.
Jack has not had a good season, so I get the decision, but he is one of the country's most talented players and I would have thought better of Southgate if he had not called him up to the squad.
If he didn't call him up, everyone here would have said waistcoat didn't give Jack a chance.

Let's just call it what it is, Southgate is doomed. There's always going to be some one complaining about his decisions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.