10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this news could be the making of Grealish at City. I’d summarise his time here so far as playing it safe.

It’s almost like he thinks that all he has to do in the game is not fuck up as someone else will win us the game. As a result, he’s lost that spark he had at Villa and takes few risks in the game. It’s like he’s happy to contribute without wanting to be the match winner.

At first I thought it was Pep coaching it out of him or instructing him to keep the ball at all costs. But then you see the way Doku plays and it’s completely different.

Losing his place in the national side means he cannot accept turning up for us and playing safe. He needs to be more selfish and find that spark to be more direct with the ball. We know he’s got the ability to do it and having a full preseason will give him the chance to shine.

Not sure about this. I actually think he plays very similarly to Doku, except he hasn't got the burst of acceleration that Doku has. As a result of this he does end up turning back more often. Not sure Jack can change all that much. He still has his worth to us though.

28 and sbould be in his prime but he has wasted a season , nobody else took it easy and went for the title again, they all had problems in their lives but it didnt affect them for ten months, he has to train well and really want to play or forget it

I don't know to be honest but City are better with him than without him in my view. He can still rotate on the left also.
If on form but he is so off the pace that he contributed nowt in the run in.
Last chance saloon for him

He has to go away and live a quit life,stay out of the front pages and buckle down on his return.
If not his arse will be out the door before you can say Cancelo.

Now I don't think he has the speed of thought or awareness to play there for us. I'd like to be wrong here
No, you are not wrong here!
Grealish is not a Pep midfielder, no matter how talented people may think he is. Being a Pep midfielder is a different level. You'll have to be exceptional. Besides that, he doesn't even have the vision, creativity or the goal threat to be an effective 10 for this city side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.