10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good 3 months he had in 3 seasons seems to be getting stretched out for some bizarre reason.
He's been an underwhelming signing for the most part. If anything he regressed here which is unusual. As for replacing Kevin, not a fucking chance. I'd say his time here is coming to an end unless he's happy to play a bit part. I think the home leg against real was the end for him. A veteran full back on an early yellow and he never went for the kill.
Bizarre!

I like Jack, I think he is a breath of fresh air as footballers go, he's an honest, sincere and caring guy, but I wouldn't put him in the top five performers last season. His contribution might be world class but it is intermittent.
There is contribution that goals and assists cannot capture. I can understand fans not being able to appreciate Grealish, but it surprises me a coach like Southgate selects his squad based on G/A column from the 2023/24 season and nothing else.

There is contribution that goals and assists cannot capture. I can understand fans not being able to appreciate Grealish, but it surprises me a coach like Southgate selects his squad based on G/A column from the 2023/24 season and nothing else.

Don't go off Southgate's media excuse for dropping Grealish.

If form influence the squad then Toney wouldn't be in there and neither would Watkins based on his performances for England. It's because of Maguire's injury, Stones' persistent issues and the wider defensive options that Grealish has missed out. Southgate's called an extra defender up instead. If Maguire was fit we would have dropped Dunk and Gomez and just had Guehi as back-up with Grealish on the plane.

Grealish is much-loved in the squad and we know how much waistcoat values that. He's missed out purely because of issues elsewhere.

Either way he was only going to get on the pitch for 10 mins across the whole tournament realistically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.