10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

As much as I think that Kyle Walker is a massive moron, I don't really get the outrage over what he's said on this occasion. How are people expecting him to answer that question? He's not going to undermine his manager's decision whilst on duty at an international tournament. And more importantly, he'd be undermining his teammates by saying that Grealish should be there. If he comes out and says Grealish ought to be there then he's basically saying someone else doesn't deserve to be.

I agree there's an irony in him talking about being there on merit given he wasn't great himself this season, but that's not what he was being asked about and it's also not his fault that Reece James has been injured and nobody else has done enough to take his spot.

Have seen Pep publicly dunk on players in much harsher and potentially more counter productive ways than anything that's been said here.

Exactly, there are plenty of diplomatic things he could have said. “Jacks a good friend of mine and I wish he was here.” He could easily avoid any talk of Jacks levels this year or criticizing Southgate.
Not everyone is aware or gifted in being "diplomatic" and twisting words like a speech impediment. Americans are gifted when it comes to such ways. I know and more so, you do too Middedon from Massachusetts ;)

Last edited:
Exactly, there are plenty of diplomatic things he could have said. “Jacks a good friend of mine and I wish he was here.” He could easily avoid any talk of Jacks levels this year or criticizing Southgate.
when my national team players get asked such questions they all reply with something like “it is our head coach’s decision and responsibility bla ba” and move on. kyle just likes the sound of his own voice too much…

Or even Walker. Absolute media myth that Walker was good last season. Grealish wasn’t shite last season. Yes he was much better for a few months the season before but it wasn’t like in the games he played you ever came out of the ground and thought Grealish was shit today. He never really is. He keeps the ball brilliantly but doesn’t score or beat fullbacks as much as you’d normally want from a wide man. Would give England great control, balance and possession though. Also balance the side out very well to let Phil and Bellingham play together centrally.

Unfortunately boregate seems to have also fallen for another media myth that Jack is some kind of maverick that you can’t trust. If he’d bothered to pay attention to his game over the last 3 years he might have clocked that he’s been anything but. Instead he’s completely wasting his biggest talent out wide. Solely relying on Bellingham as a number 10 and wasting his overall ability and running power. Whilst finally playing a fucking fullback in midfield and his most natural number 10 as a fucking left winger. Not sure who’s the bigger div Gareth or captain cock out.
Done agree with argument ,Harry Kane is your best player and he is not fast , you need pacy wingers to work with Harry Kane .

He was off for ten months , very few injuries , cancelo got punched in the face during his robbery but played the next game , if the house break in , which he wasnt at , affected him for several months then he is weak . Pep said he pulled him out of the fulham game near the end of the season , i think , because he wasnt training well and a few comments by pep during the seaon hinted he wasnt hungry . I dont know why saying he had a bad season is triggering some people so bad
Why are you perpetuating the lie that he doesn’t train well?

Two adverts back to back with Jack's fizzog flogging Hellman's Mayonnaise, Pepsi Cola and Southgate didn't take him to the Euros.

I expect a few angry voices from the sponsors were raised.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.