10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Disgraceful. Talk about team and colleague solidarity. None whatsoever.

And if players are there on merit, had a good club season, blah, blah, blah perhaps Southgate can explain Aaron Ramsdale being included and actually playing???

IMO Disgraceful. Talk about team and colleague solidarity. None whatsoever.

And if players are there on merit, had a good club season, blah, blah, blah perhaps Southgate can explain Aaron Ramsdale being included and actually playing???
Or even Walker. Absolute media myth that Walker was good last season. Grealish wasn’t shite last season. Yes he was much better for a few months the season before but it wasn’t like in the games he played you ever came out of the ground and thought Grealish was shit today. He never really is. He keeps the ball brilliantly but doesn’t score or beat fullbacks as much as you’d normally want from a wide man. Would give England great control, balance and possession though. Also balance the side out very well to let Phil and Bellingham play together centrally.

Unfortunately boregate seems to have also fallen for another media myth that Jack is some kind of maverick that you can’t trust. If he’d bothered to pay attention to his game over the last 3 years he might have clocked that he’s been anything but. Instead he’s completely wasting his biggest talent out wide. Solely relying on Bellingham as a number 10 and wasting his overall ability and running power. Whilst finally playing a fucking fullback in midfield and his most natural number 10 as a fucking left winger. Not sure who’s the bigger div Gareth or captain cock out.

I said this a few months ago on here, I seriously think that Walker just sits down in an interview and comes out with the first things that come into his head that sound reasonable to say.

Was the same in the Netflix documentary, he was talking pure shit in the changing rooms trying to fire the team up.

How was he ever made captain.
Can't bare to listen to him

I like Jack, both on and off the pitch. I don't think he's the solution to every problem, but I do think he has quite a specific and useful skillset that, when he's on it, is hugely beneficial to us (and to England in the past too). For all that Southgate seems to think of him as a maverick, as others have said he's not that at all - he's actually very selfless in his willingness to be what the system and the match needs.

He's had a shit season. I don't think it's down to any one particular reason. It's more that his season just kept being interrupted, whether by illness or injury or the break-in (I don't care if other people have had more traumatic experiences, it's not a competition - something like that will fuck you up). It's been one thing after another and he's a confidence player - he plays best when he's in his rhythm and feels like he's doing well. So all those interruptions, combined with the form of Doku (who I also really rate) have taken their toll both in terms of his match fitness and the psychological aspect. I thought he showed flashes of the previous season in between those injuries but he just never managed to get going and build up any kind of form.

Personally I'd still have taken him to the Euros, although I can understand why Southgate didn't. His chance creation, his gravity to draw opponents to him, the way he keeps hold of the ball, his defensive contribution...all great for international football. Not to mention his understanding and interplay with Phil.

I do sympathise with Kyle a bit if he was asked about Jack directly. If he stands up for Jack, admits to being shocked, in any way implies it was the wrong decision, then it looks like he's undermining the manager and disparaging players who were chosen instead. Hopefully Jack's got his ears blocked to those kinds of comments and is focusing on rest and spending time with his family before returning to training with City.

Or even Walker. Absolute media myth that Walker was good last season. Grealish wasn’t shite last season. Yes he was much better for a few months the season before but it wasn’t like in the games he played you ever came out of the ground and thought Grealish was shit today. He never really is. He keeps the ball brilliantly but doesn’t score or beat fullbacks as much as you’d normally want from a wide man. Would give England great control, balance and possession though. Also balance the side out very well to let Phil and Bellingham play together centrally.

Unfortunately boregate seems to have also fallen for another media myth that Jack is some kind of maverick that you can’t trust. If he’d bothered to pay attention to his game over the last 3 years he might have clocked that he’s been anything but. Instead he’s completely wasting his biggest talent out wide. Solely relying on Bellingham as a number 10 and wasting his overall ability and running power. Whilst finally playing a fucking fullback in midfield and his most natural number 10 as a fucking left winger. Not sure who’s the bigger div Gareth or captain cock out.
Cap doffed. Put so well.

It is a crushing misuse of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.