10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ain't gonna start slagging a Blue off. Grealish has so many positives. Last night his pass completion was 100%. Only bit I see with him at the moment (maybe instructions), but he very rarely takes the full back on the outside. A bit predictable for me, but hey ho, what do I know?

I think now we have seen what a proper winger can produce for us, it's highlighted Jack's weaknesses, he's slow and ponderous, love the guy to bits but stopping dead and then trying to pass across the box is just boring as fuck and so predictable, needs to add something to his game, I do think this is the issue with shoehorning a midfielder into a winger role though, great when you want to slow the game down but doesn't add a great deal from an attacking pov so it isn't exactly his fault.
And he looked completely f**cked from the first minute onwards. Coming back from injury is no excuse for his lack of stamina

Integral to our treble winning team so allowed a bad game every now and then.

However he really needs to stop slowing the play down when he gets the ball. Every time a ball went out to him he allowed the Newcastle team to get back then thought he was prime Maradona and would dribble pass them.
That hasn't worked in the 2 years he has been with us. You'd think he would have learned that by now.

Integral to our treble winning team so allowed a bad game every now and then.

However he really needs to stop slowing the play down when he gets the ball. Every time a ball went out to him he allowed the Newcastle team to get back then thought he was prime Maradona and would dribble pass them.
That hasn't worked in the 2 years he has been with us. You'd think he would have learned that by now.
Think you’ll find it worked just fine last year, and most likely if that’s what Pep wants will work just fine again this year. Anyone expecting Pep to want the same things from Doku and Grealish are going to be disappointed…..again.

It is difficult not to like Jack, he is a character and seemingly nice a nice guy, and he was and always will be a City treble winner. But, I just wish there was more of an end product in terms of goals and particularly assists. His play is ultra safe, but predictable. But that said he is doubtless doing what he is instructed to do. Frustrates.

It is difficult not to like Jack, he is a character and seemingly nice a nice guy, and he was and always will be a City treble winner. But, I just wish there was more of an end product in terms of goals and particularly assists. His play is ultra safe, but predictable. But that said he is doubtless doing what he is instructed to do. Frustrates.
If he’s doing what’s asked of him and the man doing the asking delivers a treble, how can that possibly be frustrating ?

If he’s doing what’s asked of him and the man doing the asking delivers a treble, how can that possibly be frustrating ?
Because a player with half the technical ability could do the same thing. It is ok when we win, and you’re right about the end result. But there is a whole side to his game we don’t see, and on occasions, like last night, we needed to see it.

Can people stop embarrassing themselves by questioning his ability, or what it is that he brings to the team.

Imperative last season as part of a treble winning side, and played in every single Champions League game.

Tickles me even more when people compare him to what Doku is offering, as if some how the fact that they play in the same position is enough to compare what both players offer; they'll probably play together a fair bit.

Anyway, as tiring as it is to keep correcting the nay sayers, I do enjoy bringing the facts about his City career to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.