10 | Jack Grealish - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he probably would be but Pep hasn’t really played him there during his 3 years. Plus when Doku came on he played out wide. I was very surprised Pep went for Doku over Grealish, it worked a treat but i expected him to go for a shoot shot and keep the ball job. The signs aren’t looking great for Jack as Doku has so much potential and Savio may come in.
yeah Doku terrified their defence hut he also chased a lost cause left big gap in which spurs made great chance from
work in progress

Grealish has a rather paltry 1,001 minutes of League football in a total of 2,114 minutes, and he has only played 4 consecutive league games once this season. He's also been involved in only 3 of 8 international meetings.

Should he be going to the Euros? Based on the above and his form, one would probably conclude not.
That’s one way of looking at it. The other way is Foden needs to play centrally and be in the side along with Bellingham if England are actually going to play the football they’re capable of and finally beat a decent side when it matters for the first time under Southgate. There are very few good options for the left wing and none of them can keep the ball to help provide balance to the side as well as Grealish.

That’s one way of looking at it. The other way is Foden needs to play centrally and be in the side along with Bellingham if England are actually going to play the football they’re capable of and finally beat a decent side when it matters for the first time under Southgate. There are very few good options for the left wing and none of them can keep the ball to help provide balance to the side as well as Grealish.
When he's fit and on form, perhaps, but he cannot be the latter unless he is the former. I've no interest in national football and rather selfishly want our players protected. England's first game is a month today, and neither Grealish nor Stones is going to find fitness in that time. If they do go and do play, then they will do so when not fully fit, and that will inevitably have an impact on their availability and form come August.

I guess he isnt starting vs WHU, if we chase result 2nd half Doku again the better option if need G+A, if we are cruising then I would assume both him and Stones can finally play some minutes as sub. they indeed were both underused recently albeit Pep had his reasons which worked out well overall.

for Grealish it was too many fucking smaller injuries, illness, the burglary at his home, bit of hangover at pre season, he never really got going and hit any steady form all season.

Love Jack to bits. He just gave a very insightful interview, saying how he struggled off the pitch, but Pep was there for him. He said he wasn't at his best this season, but he is very aware of it and aims much higher than that. We all know he is world-class on his day, so hopefully he will continue his growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.