10 | Jack Grealish - 2024/25

good today, but when he finds himself in a rare shooting chance, its quite rare he makes a proper shot and he needs to release the shots quicker to avoid being blocked.

I thought he was really good today. Some great link up play with Bernardo & KDB.
I felt he had a reasonable first half did link up well as you say, faded in the second half but overall offered little goal threath. Doesn't matter much when Haaland is in a rich vein of form but I would like to see a lot more from him in this department but not hopeful.

Made a lot of useful passes in the final third

His movement during the second goal was sublime

Very important player. We have a lot of finishers in Kevin, Phil, Erling, so Jack gives us the needed balance.

Someone has to play for the team and provide those passes. Jack is the guy for that

We have a squad of players. Each player picked by Pep. Some players are naturally better or will be more consistent than others. But all of them have qualities which can help us...sometimes uniquely.

None of them want to play badly, or below par.

The best things supporters can do is, rather than focusing on negatives, get behind them all during games, increasing confidence levels which will help them perform more effectively.

Played well, but to be a great winger, he's got to have end product otherwise he'll just end up like Ryan Giggs.

Mahrez could do the hold on to the ball stuff that Jack does, pass inside etc but was a serious goal threat.
Don't think it's something he's going to acquire either, at his age.
Mind you the brilliant David Silva used to frustrate the life out of me with his finishing.
I would take those numbers tbh. Jack's getting an average of 4 goals and 3 assists a season

Decent game. Has to be the minimum base level going forward if he wants to be a regular with the competition we now have on the wings. grealish, Doku, savinho and bobb once he's back all know if they don't perform they're not playing, that should hopefully push all 4 of them to be putting in performances every week.

He simply has to find some end product though, that chance kdb laid on for him has to result in a goal really, but at the very least have a shot, it was begging to be hit first time with his left but he waited for it to come on to his right, the chance was instantly gone and he didnt even get a strike away. We saw in pre-season he's got a very decent swinger on him so no idea why he's not taking that shot on.

Wouldn't be surprised if Pep experiments a bit perhaps in the carabao cup and plays grealish off the right at some point. All the other wingers can play both sides, it's a great option to switch wingers and cause different problems without making subs and added versatility gets you more minutes. Don't see why he cannot do his game from the right, Nothing really changes for him you'd just need an underlap instead of an overlap if hes going down the outside on his strong foot and we just so happen to have Rico Lewis operating in that area who is making that his speciality.

Presuming he gets through it unscathed, this could be a rare instance where the international break might do hmsome good for us, one of the few that could do with getting a game in his legs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.