10 | Jack Grealish - 2024/25

Foden? Bernardo? How closely related to Grealish are you to think he is better than them as a midfielder?
Even McAtee. I want Grealish to start playing well, but he's been nothing but a winger since arriving at City. Hence, this notion that he's being held back over there because of some decent to good performances with England more centrally versus bottom-feeder countries is ridiculous.

Just heard him speaking about getting in a rhythm, i get players like that and some need that more than others but the thing is, you simply dont get that luxury here. We don't have any big fish in a small pond here, In a side that is expected to win every game, You perform or you're out of the side. You don't get half a dozen games to find form when the bench has the likes of doku, Foden, Bernardo and Nunes who can all play in your position.

Wasn't bad today, was below average as was pretty much the entire midfield. our wingers have to perform every game though because the competition there is the fiercest and today was below the level needed to keep your place.

First half we break, He's played in from i think kdb, it's set for him to come round it and hit it first time on his strong foot or play it across for a tap in, instead he delays then crosses and it gets cut out for a corner. That's his biggest problem, he doesn't capitalise on chances, did the same against west ham too, too much indecision until the chance is gone.

Him and Doku are both frustrating. But with Jack at least he's defensively responsible, you never see him lose possession carelessly and then the opposition counter-attacks. He also has a far better on field relationship with his teammates especially Erling.

Him and Doku are both frustrating. But with Jack at least he's defensively responsible, you never see him lose possession carelessly and then the opposition counter-attacks. He also has a far better on field relationship with his teammates especially Erling.
He wasn’t today. Everything they did came from our left early on and he was nowhere to be seen. He was out on his feet at 80 mins too and struggling to get back.

For me, if he wants to keep his place in the side, he needs to do more.

At least Doku can dribble and at least Doku inspires fear in defenders.

I love Jack but he's clearly not a winger. I hear people saying he's better than anyone else in midfield, but how do you know if you've never tried him there? Why did we pay 100 million for a midfielder who never played midfield for us? It's totally absurd. Either you don't buy him, or you play him in his position.

I'm convinced that he has absolutely all the qualities to succeed as a midfielder for us, and equally convinced that he doesn't have the qualities to succeed as a winger for us, unless the concept of a winger now is not to lose the ball.

I find myself expecting very little from him. That’s a poor situation to be in when talking about a wide forward for arguably the best side in the world.
The reason he will never be preferred to play behind the striker is his lack of goals ,today he had time and space still could not score ,If Doku and Grealish play together on the wings we won't get more 7-8 goals combined from them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.