10 | Jack Grealish - 2024/25

I’m pretty much in the middle with Jack. Understand what he brings to the team but still frustrating to watch.

There’s no doubt he’s a hugely popular player but I was still surprised to see the ovation he got on Saturday. Most around me stood to applaud him off, this was before the second sub’s name was mentioned.

I’m pretty much in the middle with Jack. Understand what he brings to the team but still frustrating to watch.

There’s no doubt he’s a hugely popular player but I was still surprised to see the ovation he got on Saturday. Most around me stood to applaud him off, this was before the second sub’s name was mentioned.
He had a decent but unremarkable game, worked hard, and I think everyone really wants to see him have a good season so are getting behind him.

I agree. Sat there on Saturday getting more and more annoyed at the way he was playing. He needs to impose himself on the game more to pin down a starting place iwhen everyone is back upto speed. The way he performed against Brentford will not put him in front of the likes of Foden or Doku.

Speed of thought. He’s light years behind both players you mention when it comes to speed of thought.
If you're talking about City's Grealish I totally agree with you but if you're talking about Villa's Grealish I totally disagree.

City's Grealish is mechanical, lacks spontaneity and thinks too much, he's the complete opposite of the player he was at Villa and why? Because of the lack of freedom. At Villa, he could move around all over the pitch because he was the key player through whom most of the ball passed, whereas at City he's confined to one part of the pitch because he's not the key player and has to follow very strict tactical instructions, which is totally at odds with his personality, style and qualities.

Ilkay, for example, has almost always played in his position, and on the few occasions when he has played as a defensive midfielder, we can't say it's been a real success.

Bernardo's case is different. He's an outstanding player with exceptional tactical adaptability and mentality, which has even led to him playing as a left-back for the team. He's a cheat code and you can't really compare him to any other player.

Jack's real problem is Kevin. If we gave Jack the freedom Kevin has, we'd see another player. Unfortunately, even when Kevin is unavailable, Pep never takes the opportunity to play him in his true position.

If you're talking about City's Grealish I totally agree with you but if you're talking about Villa's Grealish I totally disagree.

City's Grealish is mechanical, lacks spontaneity and thinks too much, he's the complete opposite of the player he was at Villa and why? Because of the lack of freedom. At Villa, he could move around all over the pitch because he was the key player through whom most of the ball passed, whereas at City he's confined to one part of the pitch because he's not the key player and has to follow very strict tactical instructions, which is totally at odds with his personality, style and qualities.

Ilkay, for example, has almost always played in his position, and on the few occasions when he has played as a defensive midfielder, we can't say it's been a real success.

Bernardo's case is different. He's an outstanding player with exceptional tactical adaptability and mentality, which has even led to him playing as a left-back for the team. He's a cheat code and you can't really compare him to any other player.

Jack's real problem is Kevin. If we gave Jack the freedom Kevin has, we'd see another player. Unfortunately, even when Kevin is unavailable, Pep never takes the opportunity to play him in his true position.

Yes, and Villa got relegated. He’s great at what he does, but there was never a cat in hells chance playing ce really for us.

He’s a very good player, he’s great at what Pep wants of him. But he’s no where playing centrally for us.

Yes, and Villa got relegated. He’s great at what he does, but there was never a cat in hells chance playing ce really for us.

He’s a very good player, he’s great at what Pep wants of him. But he’s no where playing centrally for us.

Yeah I think it's pretty evident after 3 seasons that Pep is never giving him a proper chance centrally.

Although Pep has said he can play there, he never seems to go through with it. It's not like he's even really tried him out there in a league cup game or a game where we have already qualified in Europe.

For whatever reason, Pep just doesn't fancy him anywhere other than out on the left and who are we to question Pep.

It's about the team. I've no doubt Jack could do a job there but Pep obviously feels he has better options there.

He is just not a challenge for Pep to make him play CM. If he was a defender than he would play as a midfielder.

Overall, not a bad match, but I can't remember the last good shot he has done. 90% hits the opponent, 5% are not on target and 4% go on target but without any danger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.