10 | Jack Grealish - 2024/25

At least Doku can dribble and at least Doku inspires fear in defenders.

I love Jack but he's clearly not a winger. I hear people saying he's better than anyone else in midfield, but how do you know if you've never tried him there? Why did we pay 100 million for a midfielder who never played midfield for us? It's totally absurd. Either you don't buy him, or you play him in his position.

I'm convinced that he has absolutely all the qualities to succeed as a midfielder for us, and equally convinced that he doesn't have the qualities to succeed as a winger for us, unless the concept of a winger now is not to lose the ball.
He is far too slow of thought to play central for us.

We all know what to expect from Grealish by now: he's industrious and knits together play well, but his end product is lacking.
However according to some posters on here jack was world class when we bought him ( and still think he is) and is going to be a City legend ....Good lad decent player but sadly never going to be either one of those descriptions

Last edited:
He is far too slow of thought to play central for us.
If he's too slow to play central for us, then explain to me how he can play winger for us when the position requires even more speed?

Otherwise I'm not at all sure Jack is slower than Gundogan or Bernardo, in fact I'm 100% sure he's not.

If he's too slow to play central for us, then explain to me how he can play winger for us when the position requires even more speed?

Otherwise I'm not at all sure Jack is slower than Gundogan or Bernardo, in fact I'm 100% sure he's not.

Speed of thought. He’s light years behind both players you mention when it comes to speed of thought.

Don’t talk shite.
You think his quick decision making and moving the ball quickly are his attributes?

That’s why he hits the first man so often, he delays everything.

I like him as a player, but it’s horses corses. CL final vs Madrid, he starts. Playing low block with bodies to play through. Not his strength.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.