10 | Jack Grealish - 2024/25

100%, more so with Rico for me, he would have played as a CM in the second half and he always gets into the area and he has the unteachable talent of attracting the ball when he does.
Absolute madness leaving that back four on yesterday when they had no one up. Arsenal were quite happy letting all of them have the ball.

Just coming to terms with the news re: Rodri and it got me thinking ..... can anyone remembers Jack's role at Villa? There is no-one better than receiving the ball and keeping control of it, could Pep turn him into a CDM linking the defence and giving the ball to other ballers like Foden & KDB?

Maybe I'm overthinking it, when we have Kova, Rico or Stonesy, maybe even Gundo who played that role for Germany in the recent Euros?

Just coming to terms with the news re: Rodri and it got me thinking ..... can anyone remembers Jack's role at Villa? There is no-one better than receiving the ball and keeping control of it, could Pep turn him into a CDM linking the defence and giving the ball to other ballers like Foden & KDB?

Maybe I'm overthinking it, when we have Kova, Rico or Stonesy, maybe even Gundo who played that role for Germany in the recent Euros?
Grealish hasd a free role in attacking midfield at Villa.

I can’t imagine him as a CDM, but Pep is a mad bastard, so who knows?

100%, more so with Rico for me, he would have played as a CM in the second half and he always gets into the area and he has the unteachable talent of attracting the ball when he does.

Subs were bang on yesterday - timing of them and given the opposition and situation. Arse still had speed for a breakaway - might not have looked like it, but our back 4 nullified that. But the threat was there.
Only questionable points were the starting 11. That 11 only works against an expansive side
Also - not putting Haaland on Gabriel for set pieces.
Referee allowed the game to be disjointed as Arsenal set out to do. That and their non football would have wrecked any game.

I'm reminded of this article from 4 years ago that made an argument for turning him into a number 6.

I think it's an interesting suggestion but I don't see it happening except in a dire emergency.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.