11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was ineffective and lost the ball way too much, like against Chelsea. He allowed the 1v1 for their 1st goal as well. Otherwise, he is having an excellent season. I would still start Jack against the top half of the table and Jeremy against the bottom half.
I thought he was poor today overall although was involved in the first goal and was really unlucky not to score. He lost his way a bit after that and made some bad decisions. I can’t blame him for their goal though. Why did they think him staying back to cover one of the best forwards in the league is a fucking mystery to me, especially so early in the game.

Beast! Just needs to be more selfish and bold.
More selfish after that first half? Can’t agree with that. When he hit the bar the obvious thing to do was pass to foden, has to score if he doesn’t and he didn’t. He was selfish in a couple of other moments aswel.

Well defensively Doku needs two Fernandinho behind him not Alvarez or Foden. It is not helpful to play with a fullback who is more a center back on the same side.

It is so broken in many ways.

Not worried though. It will click

Surely nobody is worried about Doku in this City team? The guy has defenders shitting themselves most weeks, to the point where he sometimes gets triple marked and still makes chances. He's 21 and hasn't even been with us six months. Pep and the players clearly trust him because a big part of our game plan is giving him the ball and giving him all the time and space to do what he wants.

Don't tell me the fucking weirdos on here have been making out he's a problem for us?

I didn't actually see him get injured but someone around me suggested his hamstring had gone. That correct? Seemed unusually fairly reluctant to turn on full acceleration most of the game today so perhaps he was feeling it early on?
Think he got the knock in the second half. His exchange with Pep whilst walking down the tunnel didn't suggest to me it was anything too serious. Noticed he was pointing at the knee, probably some slight discomfort there. Hopefully it's nothing much.

Looked a little bit uncertain in terms of what he wanted to do with the ball when in attacking areas. I'm not sure the other players have fully connected with him yet either, they don't seem to know where to position themselves. Abysmal defending for the first goal. He's quick enough and strong enough to have dealt with that situation regardless of whether he's a defender or not. The main change when he came off is that Spurs were less concerned by Grealish and weren't as worried about leaving him with space. Maybe they knew the ref would sort them out if ever he was played in!

Think he got the knock in the second half. His exchange with Pep whilst walking down the tunnel didn't suggest to me it was anything too serious. Noticed he was pointing at the knee, probably some slight discomfort there. Hopefully it's nothing much.
Could be his knee but I thought it was more the side of his thigh? He was hobbling a bit, it might be an impact injury to his thigh giving him a deadleg? We are very stretched for Villa, Rodri and Grealish getting their 5th yellow cards was disappointing. Villa are in good form we can't afford to drop more points.

Surely nobody is worried about Doku in this City team? The guy has defenders shitting themselves most weeks, to the point where he sometimes gets triple marked and still makes chances. He's 21 and hasn't even been with us six months. Pep and the players clearly trust him because a big part of our game plan is giving him the ball and giving him all the time and space to do what he wants.

Don't tell me the fucking weirdos on here have been making out he's a problem for us?
According to a good few he’s our problem. Madness really. A 21 year old who’s been our best player in most games. Whenever the team don’t perform he is part of the problem.

Why did they think him staying back to cover one of the best forwards in the league is a fucking mystery to me, especially so early in the game.
It came from a set piece. He was not the last defender(Walker was). Son targeted him. If Doku was on the right side for that set piece Son would run down that route... That is just how Spurs plays. Put son on your weakest link and let him run.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.