11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
One can equally suggest that you should provide evidence for your assertions. Who has hastily overhyped him? And going by any of the statistics collating sites, he is currently ranked in the top 5 on most of them.

So if he is blowing hot and cold, he is doing so at a better rate than anyone in the league other than Saka and Haaland. So more likely than not, it is you who's grossly underestimating him. He has been the best signing in the league so far this season... Bar none. Its not just City fans saying that. The statistics and performance metrics back it up.

You are making the same error many make, you think a player making mistakes means his overall performance is hot or cold. Wrong. He, just like Haaland, has flaws. But he also has a unique set of skills that severely tilts the balance in his team's favor. The difference when he is on and off the field is like night and day. It's why the metrics favor him and favor City. Even if he makes mistakes and makes the wrong decision ever so often.

Frankly, there is a worry that a lot of his teammates are beginning to expect too much from him as many stop moving and become fans when he gets on the ball.

The Stats don't lie.
You are making good points. I definitely believe that he is our best signing this season, partly because of his skills but also because the summer market was scarce and our other signings have not pulled up any trees yet. The reason why I think lot of people are carried away is simply because we have not seen him yet when the going gets tough. I could be biased by the fact he came from a lower league and a poor team.I also got used to ball possession and slow attack build up under Pep which happened to grant us CL and countless of trophies. It is early days any how and time will certainly unravel the level of our new signings.

I think Doku is the most exciting City player for many years, when he goes on a run.

He will be a fantastic player for us, and still young.
The most exciting player since Sane, he makes the game exciting, no better sight in football than a fast, pacey winger taking on a full back , beating him and getting the ball in the box early.

The most exciting player since Sane, he makes the game exciting, no better sight in football than a fast, pacey winger taking on a full back , beating him and getting the ball in the box early.
Is doku fast? I agree he's a great talent and so exciting to watch with the way he turns the fullback inside out, I see a lot of folk saying he's fast, he's not really shown it. More of a beagrie type than a david white chip it over the top and let him fly type

Is doku fast? I agree he's a great talent and so exciting to watch with the way he turns the fullback inside out, I see a lot of folk saying he's fast, he's not really shown it. More of a beagrie type than a david white chip it over the top and let him fly type
He is quick, not fast. His acceleration and change of direction are in the top 5 percentile. Long speed is average, perhaps even poor for someone so quick. I don't think he can keep up with Jack in a 60-yard dash. But within 5–10 feet from a dead-stop position? He is dynamite.

Inconsistent but has been our only bright spark when on it. Needs to work on his stamina which is by far his weakest attribute.

Inconsistent but has been our only bright spark when on it. Needs to work on his stamina which is by far his weakest attribute.
Tell me any winger in the history of the game that is not inconsistent?

He has had a stunning start to his career with us and it's a good job he has, he is one of our few creative players at this moment.

Tell me any winger in the history of the game that is not inconsistent?

He has had a stunning start to his career with us and it's a good job he has, he is one of our few creative players at this moment.
There’s a little fella called Lionel somebody-or-other who’s been pretty consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.