11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doku is a phenomenal talent, even Pep is surprised. He was understandably rusty vs Newcastle and didn't have a good game. But that will change soon, he'll hit form at the right time.

Also, Pep's decision to play him a little bit more centrally vs Newcastle was interesting, as he can destroy defences running at defenders from such positions. Think Pep has big plans for him.

Doku is a phenomenal talent, even Pep is surprised. He was understandably rusty vs Newcastle and didn't have a good game. But that will change soon, he'll hit form at the right time.

Also, Pep's decision to play him a little bit more centrally vs Newcastle was interesting, as he can destroy defences running at defenders from such positions. Think Pep has big plans for him.
Just needs to stop giving the ball away……..needs to have a word with Jack

Absolutely wild to me that Bobb is being touted as ahead of Doku after a goal as a sub and decent performance vs Huddersfield. He's good and has bags of potential but let's not rewrite history.

Have some of you in this thread forgotten the whole of the pre Xmas part of the season? Doku was THE spark in the team.
Doku is obviously talented and is able to beat most defenders one on one.

I've criticized Doku heavily in the past... but he's proven me wrong. On occasion he's man-of-the-match.

And yet... he's still not passing the eye-test for me. He's not quite deft enough on the ball; he takes too much time faking this-way-and-that; he's very raw in this regard. Perhaps he'll improve.

Whereas, Bobb, every time I watch him, is fantastic. Bobb seems extremely polished every time he touches the ball.

Bobb, for me, is - right now - far better than Doku - and has far greater upside.

I've criticized Doku heavily in the past... but he's proven me wrong. On occasion he's man-of-the-match.

And yet... he's still not passing the eye-test for me. He's not quite deft enough on the ball; he takes too much time faking this-way-and-that; he's very raw in this regard. Perhaps he'll improve.

Whereas, Bobb, every time I watch him, is fantastic. Bobb seems extremely polished every time he touches the ball.

Bobb, for me, is - right now - far better than Doku - and has far greater upside.
Bobb hasn’t played enough yet to put himTo

Too early in Bobb’s City career to say that in my opinion. A huge talent no doubt but then so is Doku. It’s great we’ve got 2 young players very different in style both with great potential. Cole who?

I think pep played him centrally because we didn't have akanji or stones. As soon as we have a centre back who can join rodri in midfield, he doesn't need the wingers to invert and gvardiol and walker to play as wingers. The availability of Akanji and Stones has the most influence on whether walker and gvardiol are wingers or centre backs and whether the wingers have to invert.

I would imagine that in perfect world Pep would like a box midfield of stones rodri kdb and foden/bern with the wingers as wide as possible just like last season. Just need stones (or akanji) back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.