11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Doku can beat most defenders one-on-one. But afterwards...

I like Doku, and he should start ahead of Grealish on occasion.

But he has flaws.

At this point, prefer Bobb at Left Wing, followed by (tie) Greealish/Doku.

Doku is an unfinished product - all that fake stuff should mostly be cut off. It wastes time.
Absolutely wild to me that Bobb is being touted as ahead of Doku after a goal as a sub and decent performance vs Huddersfield. He's good and has bags of potential but let's not rewrite history.

Have some of you in this thread forgotten the whole of the pre Xmas part of the season? Doku was THE spark in the team.

Absolutely wild to me that Bobb is being touted as ahead of Doku after a goal as a sub and decent performance vs Huddersfield. He's good and has bags of potential but let's not rewrite history.

Have some of you in this thread forgotten the whole of the pre Xmas part of the season? Doku was THE spark in the team.
If we want to expand the history, we need acknowledge that Doku has only just arrived at the club whereas Bobb has been with us for four years and is already comfortable with the system and knows instinctively where to go. There is a place and a time for both.

Wow. Some of these comments... He had a bad game. It doesn't have to be deeper than that.

Food for thought:
GD1zO02WIAAl8An.jpeg

His worst game in a City shirt. Nothing came off for him today. Dispossessed countless times, He also lost the ball for the 1st goal. He didn't help Josko out defensively at all. Having said that, having a great 1st season for us otherwise, and hugely promising for the future. I did notice that all his poorer performances came against the more established rivals, like today vs Newcastle, against Chelsea ( Reece James), and a couple of other teams with bigger-name players. For that reason, I would still start Jack against the better opponents right now.
Off topic, but Reece James is a player who consistently reduces dazzling wingers....to Dust.

Talented, fast , great player, lovely lad - just not for our system - or the one that made us brilliant last season, well, when we peaked anyway. Maybe Pep is planning another incarnation of how we play and it will work out. At the moment, an excellent player actually weakens us.
The Fifa Fast and Furious brigade won't have it - but he does.
What's your view on Gvardiol, tryna see something?

Wow. Some of these comments... He had a bad game. It doesn't have to be deeper than that.

Food for thought:
View attachment 104117

Once people make their mind up about a player becomes hard to move them from those hills. Doku is an insane talent that we're lucky to have. I've heard rags and scousers use him as an example of why our recruitment is so good and why our recruitment structure is so important. Pep didn't know anything about Doku. It was Txiki and the scouts who saw the potential and brought him in. From there it is obvious the impression he's made on Pep and the coaching team.

Makes Sane looking like Rodri when it comes to tracking back and defending. I am not sure he even know the meaning of it, not to mention how to do it. And with Gvardiol playing so high I don't want to see that combo on the left again. Otherwise, a great signing of a very fine player.

Doku is a fanatastic talent , he will have flaws , as every player does but if he does not have the tools to open up a specific defence we have other players who offer something different and we will tag another player in. Doku will carry a greater risk of losing the ball as he will take players on more often than not. The tracking back and doing more work when out of possession will improve as Pep will demand it or he will lose minutes to someone else. Glad to have him in the squad and has made a bright start in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.