11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Didn't like the way we constantly looked to get him on the ball at every opportunity tbh. Made us look predictable and like we'd run out of ideas elsewhere in attack. His goal should really have been saved as well.
He couldn't have given much more when he came on so it's not me digging him out at all, just a concern that we were too reliant on him creating something from nothing.
I will make a simple statement, without the signing of Jeremy Doku we don't win our 4th title in a row.

For me he was the difference early season and late in the season, he had a dip in form in the New Year period after an injury but worked hard and came back to superb form.

He is a top player and one that is only going to get better with experence.

I will make a simple statement, without the signing of Jeremy Doku we don't win our 4th title in a row.

For me he was the difference early season and late in the season, he had a dip in form in the New Year period after an injury but worked hard and came back to superb form.

He is a top player and one that is only going to get better with experence.
Can't say I'm overly convinced by that first statement tbh but he gives us a pace down the wing that we otherwise don't have. A different dimension. I just didn't like the way we resorted to getting him on the ball at every opportunity in the cup final when we ran out of ideas elsewhere. I felt that in itself made us predictable. It was in no way a dig at Doku himself who did as much as he could to drag us back into the game.
He's young and erratic still for me but he is dangerous, had spells of being very effective last season and will use his pace to better effect as he gets older and gets more used to teams doubling up on him.

Best chance creator in the league. Expecting 10G + 15A next season, with improved finishing, more deliberate crossing and better decision making on the final through ball.

I was watching our games back and it was striking how many of our goals Doku was involved in. As others have observed he did have a dip in mid season but at the end, not only was he terrifying defences again, it was clear his overall game was improving next year. One of the best young wingers around IMO.

Certainly not the finished article, but considering this is his first season at City, Doku can be more happy with his performances. Will be interesting to see how he gets on at the Euros.

I was watching our games back and it was striking how many of our goals Doku was involved in. As others have observed he did have a dip in mid season but at the end, not only was he terrifying defences again, it was clear his overall game was improving next year. One of the best young wingers around IMO.
Something very interesting I noticed in this regard: when I watch City highlights, Doku is involved in 90 percent of all of the chances created. Then I watch Doku individual highlights from the same match and realize it could have been ten times more chances if he didn't make the usual mistakes. Make of it what you will, but the kid is simply a volume creator right now, and if he manages to become more accurate with his shots, passes and crosses, he will be one of the best players in the world.

Excited to see him back in a blue shirt next season.
Last year overall was a success for him but he’s still learning on the job and I think he can proper step up this time around. Good luck to the lad.

Tough first half for Doku against Slovakia. Started really energetic, created two chances for that donkey Lukaku, and then made a mistake leading to a goal. His confidence has been shot since that moment, either hiding on the right wing or too indecisive. Doesn't help that Belgium's tactics also seem horrible, but he has to get over mistakes and look for the ball more actively.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.