11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah same old story, just doesn't work hard enough, doesn't press hard and instead of roaming like creative forwards do, hes always glued to the byline. Too often he's just too far from the action and this game pretty much passed him by. Has a bit of a sulky attitude too when things aren't going well, instead of working harder he just walks around displaying frustrated body language. Hopefully better next game.

Yeah same old story, just doesn't work hard enough, doesn't press hard and instead of roaming like creative forwards do, hes always glued to the byline. Too often he's just too far from the action and this game pretty much passed him by. Has a bit of a sulky attitude too when things aren't going well, instead of working harder he just walks around displaying frustrated body language. Hopefully better next game.
really poor after that mistake ,which lead to Slovakias winner.

Kind of usual Jezza mixed bag. Created 3 great chances but gave the goal away. They didn’t get it to him enough 2nd half as he had the beating of that defender every time if he faced him up.

think there is too much pressure on him. belgium look lost and total shit tbf. lukaku should have burried atleast one of the 3 big chances he had in the first half.
looked very promising from doku until that pass. he is young and will learn.

We are happy with him and he will be even better next season, he`s also playing with shite with Belgium! Bad mistake which knocked him but he will get better

I was slagged off for doubting Doku earlier on... look up my posts above, LOL,...

That said, I still doubt Doku. He strikes me as a kind of Adama Traore - fucking out-of-the-world amazing at times... but, just not altogether there.

Doku is a young lad with fantastic potential. He has a lot to learn and had a very good first season at City. The likes of Bernardo, Mahrez and even Rodri all struggled in their first season. I find the criticism this young lad gets is way over the top. He did many good things in the Belgian game but the mistake was pounced upon. People seem so eager to put him down. For me he is one of the very few players in the game who is actually exciting to watch and has the ability to dribble past players. I think he could be amazing for us next season.

He had plenty of good games prior to this, including the previous international fixture. For me, he changed our game at the end of the season and gave us the energy we needed to see the season through. Everyone has a bad game occasionally.

Belgiums system where he is almost a wingback doesnt suit Doku.

Consider the stupid goal he gave away, hr shoildnt have been there in the first place, that should be a defender.

He is also more dangerous on the LW imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.