11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

I was slagged off for doubting Doku earlier on... look up my posts above, LOL,...

That said, I still doubt Doku. He strikes me as a kind of Adama Traore - fucking out-of-the-world amazing at times... but, just not altogether there.
To compare him to Traore is utter nonsense.Traore wouldn’t last 5 minutes in a Pep side never mind be our biggest threat at 21 for 45 minutes in a cup final. Or be trusted over Jack at vital times in the season like Spurs away or at home to West Ham. He has more skill and natural ability in his little toe than that pace merchant.

Yes he has things he can improve but those small improvements if made could turn him into one of the best wingers in the world. He finished his first season on fire for City. So i’m not too concerned over a mistake he made in an international. Like i won’t be worried when Phil loses his place in that England team over the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Belgiums system where he is almost a wingback doesnt suit Doku.

Consider the stupid goal he gave away, hr shoildnt have been there in the first place, that should be a defender.

He is also more dangerous on the LW imo.
He could easily have had 3 assists in that apparent bad game if people could finish. One poor pass that could also easily have not ended up costing a goal. Fine margins.

To compare him to Traore is utter nonsense.Traore wouldn’t last 5 minutes in a Pep side never mind be our biggest threat at 21 for 45 minutes in a cup final. Or be trusted over Jack at vital times in the season like Spurs away or at home to West Ham. He has more skill and natural ability in little toe than that pace merchant.

Yes he has things he can improve but those small improvements if made could turn him into one of the best wingers in the world. He finished his first season on fire for City. So i’m not too concerned over a mistake he made in an international. Like i won’t be worried when Phil loses his place in that England team over the next couple of weeks.
You may be right. Next season will show just how good he is.

He played great. Especially in Belgium's half and the middle of the park. His passing is far better than it gets credit for. He does need to keep working on his finishing, though.

He played great. Especially in Belgium's half and the middle of the park. His passing is far better than it gets credit for. He does need to keep working on his finishing, though.
He’s got all the physical tools to be a world beater. It’s the decisive action that needs to be more precise. Needs a colder mind and he’s got Messi-isms about him. Sometimes it’s because his teammates can’t read him either.

My last post still stands though. I’m still not convinced he has it between the ears, but it may well click for him and I hope it does.

My last post still stands though. I’m still not convinced he has it between the ears,
but it may well click for him and I hope it does.
As long as Jeremy doesn’t do a Gazza off the pitch by drinking and carrying on with his missus he should be fine, hardwork and dedication gets you where you want to be as a footballer

He’s got all the physical tools to be a world beater. It’s the decisive action that needs to be more precise. Needs a colder mind and he’s got Messi-isms about him. Sometimes it’s because his teammates can’t read him either.

My last post still stands though. I’m still not convinced he has it between the ears, but it may well click for him and I hope it does.
"I’m still not convinced he has it between the ears, but it may well click for him and I hope it does."

I would agree completely and the only thing that could prevent him from becoming a huge player in football.

He reminds me of Sterling when Pep first arrived in terms of his finishing and final ball, his legs and actions are faster than his brain.

If Pep can get him just to calm down and think in that split second then he will become a baller.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.