11 | Jeremy Doku - 2023/24

I did have a quick look at top speeds and Doku isn’t that quick. Grealish is quicker than him, as a direct comparison.

His quick feet, acceleration and manipulation of the ball means he’s away before defenders can get set.
Like I have been saying. It's his suddenness that's his real attribute, not his long speed.

I thought he was great last night. I can already see improvement in his decision making. Seems to be learning very quickly as to when to do his thing and be direct, and when to pass it to somebody else. Very promising.

Pep and the conditioning team just need to get him fitter? He was blowing fairly early on but I agree, he’s making better decisions already and has certainly made a hell of a start at City

I think the choice between Doku and Grealish on the left is very simple. Pep has the advantage of having two completely different profiles of players. He will use them depending on how opponents set up against us.

If we play against a low block, Doku is the better alternative on the left. His ability to create from the left when teams focus on the middle will only make it impossible for opposite team's block to stay compact. Grealish is good enough to play against low blocks and offers more control, but Doku's unpredictability makes him more valuable in those situations.

If we play against a team that presses us high, Grealish is the best alternative. Pep wants Grealish to play a similar role to Iniesta, which is helping the build-up from the back. He's the best at it and nobody (besides Bernardo) has the spacial awareness and ball retention to do it as flawlessly as Jack. I never understood how people watch us play and still judge Grealish on stats. His skillset is rare enough for it to be obvious to the untrained eye.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.