11 | Jeremy Doku - 2024/25

He did. However, he rarely finds anyone with a pass or a cross, and he does not see easier opportunities, like that great break we had in the second half that he utterly ruined. He's young, sure, but there is too much of the headless chicken about him at the moment. Grealish for me, all day long.

Savio, however, this lad has something special in his feet. He went past people with ease.
I agree that Savio was great, but I also thought he was a bit indecisive in the final third.

Brilliant today. Some really poor final balls/decisions that need to be worked on urgently but he's the one player in the side(hopefully savinho becomes a second) who can get himself into those positions in the first place. Cannot understate how much his sheer threat helps the side and creates space elsewhere.

Why didn't he shoot himself for that incredible dribble? Seemed easier to finish himself and would have won goal of the season already. Really promising start of the season.
I think it’s rather harsh, suggesting that he shoots himself.

I didn’t think it was that big a crime.

We praise a Grealish for keeping hold of the ball and winning fouls which Doku was amazing at yesterday.

I have never been that quick so I don’t know if it’s a thing of you are going so fast it limits your decision making.
The one thing he absolutely guarantees, is that he will bring the ball/team 40 yards up the pitch. Invaluable when we're under the cosh a little. Did it superbly in the second half.

Shooting/crossing is sub par still. Final action is to give them the ball back of shoot 30ft wide

He's a in Pep i trust player, because i only see a very very limited player. whose skillset id associate with a championship player.

Still very young and talented, but he’s at the age where he needs to make the next step.

It’s clear he has speed, especially from a standing start, and can beat players, but thereafter he needs to learn better decision-making and distribution.

I’ve only ever seen him look calm and confident on the ball a few times, and those have been coming inside, cutting onto his right leg and burying the shot. Other than that, his last pass is often harried (granted, he’s often under pressure from defenders) and often just turns the ball over.

If we could convince Foden to take on players a bit more like Doku, and have Doku control the ball the ball like Foden, we’d have two players who were unstoppable!

This could be his breakout season here, esp if Pep is going to rely on wingers and chop and change them constantly. It’s clear Doku has something different and a little special, but I hope he doesn’t become another Traore…great speed and skill but very little result. I guess we’ll know we are getting there if he starts greasing up his arms!

For now, though, a very decent first outing of the season for him, and he terrorizes any defender who gives him space. Yesterday, Cucurella was on him like shit on a blanket, and couldn’t shake him off, but he got more joy on the left after switching wings, esp in the second half.

Good season ahead for this young man.

Haaland fan boys??
Who the fuck wouldn’t be a Haaland fan boy if they supported City?

What a strange comment.
Not really as good as he is he misses some good chances, his touch doesn’t always look that great. He said himself in interview yesterday how he wants to become a better footballer .scores plenty of goals but in tight games not often the match winner with bit of magic like a messi salah aguero type.
Fans gush over him even when he’s off his game.
If I had to choose between bell Rodri silva yaya aguero and the Viking he would be my last choice.all about personal opinion I suppose.

Grealish for me, all day long.

Guess that's the key to your one-sided comments on Doku.

You are reducing his performance to a single metric: final ball. That's silly. Yet he did better by that metric than KDB and Foden because he was involved in the first goal. Were they abysmal?

Given that you prefer Grealish (he's a great player, I have no preference), you shouldn't judge Doku on goals/assists alone. We won yesterday, he contributed to the win. And he's just 22. There's a reason why Pep trusts him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.