11 | Jeremy Doku - 2024/25

91 in a 100 says he’s deserving of some fanfare.
Opinions eh.
I’d prefer to concentrate on what he brings, not what he doesn’t.
Blimey we have some weirdos on here the only one you can compare with on your list is Agüero
Difference of opinion means weirdo . Fair play. I may come round to your opinion in a few more years but my current preference is for players who contribute to teams in different ways.if that’s weird then fine by me

Difference of opinion means weirdo . Fair play. I may come round to your opinion in a few more years but my current preference is for players who contribute to teams in different ways.if that’s weird then fine by me
Just to be clear, you’re not happy with what Haaland contributes to the team?

I think he needs to show a bit more against quality opponents and make the difference in the big tight games but yes I’m happy he plays for us. Is he my favourite player . Not really

Don’t give up your day job
He's an excellent dribbler mainly due to his explosive acceleration it makes him potentially extremely dangerous in those final 18yrds of the pitch but he lacks the vision and ability to execute the right pass/cross/shot consistently in those areas and furthermore anywhere else on the pitch he's a passenger, he actually lacks the pace to be a genuine threat deeper up field, and is quite cumbersome in defence. So good luck finding room in your starting 11 if your any team other than City that plays predominantly camped in the oppositions final third to utilize such an expansive toolkit.

he lacks the vision and ability to execute the right pass/cross/shot consistently in those areas
True but it is the volume that he does it with that makes it very dangerous. He has good technique, I don't know why there is this misconception that he doesn't. Hes not great but we've seen a lot of games where he pulls off passes and a lot of chances created. There should still be room to get better as well in that department, at least theoretically.

But youre right about lacking the pace to be a threat deeper, and cumbersome is the perfect description of his defending. Hes not a pressing player and even when locked in, hes still lackasaidical.

Still Its really crazy how much hes relied upon to create. The way defenses zone in on him. And when he gets it right its a thing of beauty. His aesthetics are off the charts lol

True but it is the volume that he does it with that makes it very dangerous

Still Its really crazy how much hes relied upon to create. The way defenses zone in on him. And when he gets it right its a thing of beauty. His aesthetics are off the charts lol
The volume comes with how we setup and the quality of his team mates. My argument isn't that he cant do a job for us I just think hes'a very limited player his skillset is so niche that applied elsewhere he'd genuinely struggle.

I don't think its all that crazy we've been crying out for a dribbler or two for years, I say it like we haven't being hoovering up trophies during that time, but its only natural teams get deeper we player higher up and the space for that intricate pass or to get runs in behind gets smaller that's when dribblers shine. Its genuinely in Doku's favour that he is so limited that Pep gives him the freedom to do that, I'm genuinely surprised the likes of Phil and Jack aren't encouraged to do more of it but I'm surprised about a lot of thigs which explains why I'm just an armchair fan.

On a second watch, I thought Doku was brilliant. Some wasteful moments? Sure.

His second half was exceptional. Got us up the pitch. Had a good understanding with Kevin. His defensive effort was also a lot better compared to last season. Obviously there are things to improve. He put in a really good shift though.

The volume comes with how we setup and the quality of his team mates. My argument isn't that he cant do a job for us I just think hes'a very limited player his skillset is so niche that applied elsewhere he'd genuinely struggle.

I don't think its all that crazy we've been crying out for a dribbler or two for years, I say it like we haven't being hoovering up trophies during that time, but its only natural teams get deeper we player higher up and the space for that intricate pass or to get runs in behind gets smaller that's when dribblers shine. Its genuinely in Doku's favour that he is so limited that Pep gives him the freedom to do that, I'm genuinely surprised the likes of Phil and Jack aren't encouraged to do more of it but I'm surprised about a lot of thigs which explains why I'm just an armchair fan.
He looked miles fitter on Sunday than last season.He worked very hard getting back in to help out late in the game and kept carrying the ball to get us up the pitch. He also managed to out run someone over a much longer distance on a late counter down the right.

Undoubtedly his end product needs to improve. I get what you mean about him being limited but his talent is very unique. I see his potential to be enormous because very few players can beat people so easily. Foden and Jack don’t do what he does because they couldn’t skin fullbacks as consistently as he does. What he’s got can’t be taught but the simple things he often gets wrong can be. Think of Sterling nobody thought he’d become a goal scorer but his record became outstanding. He was never going to be a great finisher but he learnt where to be and improved his finishing. Doku doesn’t have to become a great crosser or passer he just needs to be calmer and pick the right option more. Once that happens the goals and assists will flow.

if he gets his end product up he will be up to 20-25 goals/assists if not more. Hope he will improve on it and understands where his teammates are in the Box. Still a Chaosmaker who offers so much. How he dribbles past 3 players was unbelivable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.