13 May at 87 minutes. Admit you had a tantrum.

I had serious chest pains and kept saying in my head keep the faith then i started praying to my mum who was a massive blue she won us the cup x

I was in a corporate box at Twickenham (my husband loves sevens), watching it on the TV. At about that time, I took my sky blue and white scarf out of my bag and put it on. Dzeko immediately scored. A minute or two later, I tied it Mancini-style, and Aguero scored.

So it's all down to me and my lucky scarf....

I was almost annoyed when Edin scored. I wanted us to get the third before we got the second.

BlueMom said:
I was in a corporate box at Twickenham (my husband loves sevens), watching it on the TV. At about that time, I took my sky blue and white scarf out of my bag and put it on. Dzeko immediately scored. A minute or two later, I tied it Mancini-style, and Aguero scored.

So it's all down to me and my lucky scarf....
I'll say it before anyone else does. He must be quite some bloke. Most of us would happily settle for a threesome. ;-)

At the time I was patiently trying to explain to the 7 year old lad who sits infront of me (whose dad seemed to have lost the ability to speak) that crying wasn't going to help and that he (hopefully) had at least another 70 years of this kind of shit to look forward to. All around people had gone into a trance like state. I'm sure those who had not witnessed the previous title were thinking they never would and, those that did, were thinking they'd never see another.
I have to admit that personally I was wondering how any of us would live with the piss taking we would have to endure and whether the team would stay together for the next season.
When Edin scored there was hope and when Sergio scored I just felt proud. Proud of the team, of the club and of the supporters. I have to agree with Gary Neville when he said Vinny was wrong and that this was the best way to win it. Oh, and the look on Phil Jones's face still makes me wet my pants with laughing.

i was in tunisia surrounded by bastarding chelsea fans, was almost in tears when my gf turned to me and said 'its just a game danny'

No tears or tantrums, just contemplating what to with my life because we'd fucked it up. Thought to myself about leaving college & work and not leaving the house altogether for a good few weeks. Basically becoming a waster for a month or two because I knew I couldn't have taken any of it. As soon as Edin scored it was a 'what the fuck are you scoring now for' feeling, but immediately reached for my phone checking the Rags' score, praying Sunderland had equalised. As everyone knows the signals shite and Sergio scored before I even found out! Like Matty said, no kids or marriage so truly the best moment of my life.

strongbowholic said:
Also, Caveman mentions reaction to goals. When Agueroooooooooooo scored, I stood up, very, very calm, hugged my boy and hugged my mate and that was it. Weirdest feeling ever (I went more mental away to Oxford when scored our 4th after being 2 down!).

I know it seems odd, but I just had an overwhelming sense of calmness. Fucking oddest thing ever as I expected I would have jumped so high as to end up 35 rows further forward or summat?

This was also my reaction. It was so odd I just knew we were going to score. It was like watching a film. I was just totally calm. I don't know why because I usually get worked up during matches. I hardly cheered at all. I just stood and watched the crowd. It was a moment of pure bliss.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Matty said:
I'd spent the previous 10 minutes in a state of depression, convinced we'd just fucked it all up royally and dreading the avalanche of Twitter/Facebook United clowns I'd need to deal with for the next few months. The bloke next to me, to his credit, kept saying "it's not over yet" whilst his daughter and her mate were in floods of tears. I'm not sure whether he genuinely believed it or simply couldn't bring himself to contemplate anything else at that stage. I didn't have a tantrum, but I was certainly convinced it was over, that we'd achieved the unthinkable, and lost to the worst away side in the league to throw away the title. When Dzeko scored I didn't go mental, although clearly I celebrated. However I just had this feeling that we'd get another chance, one more opportunity to score. From my seat in Block 109 I was directly behind Aguero when he stepped past Taiwo, in that brief second before he struck the ball I KNEW he'd score, I was leaping to celebrate as he hit it, it just seemed inevitable to me. There were floods of tears around me again, but for entirely different reasons this time. I haven't got kids. I'm not married. That moment was the best moment of my entire life. Something truly spectacular is going to have to happen for that to ever change.
I remember the girls bursting into tears when Mackie scored and the bloke next to you saying it'll be alright and agreeing with him. "Plenty of time yet" I seem to remember saying at that point.

As the clock got to 90 minutes I just felt sick at the same thought of rags ramming it down our throats so we must have discussed that. I don't think we celebrated that much when Dzeko scored; in some ways it just made it worse thinking we'd come so close. I thought the game was up when the ball went out for the throw-in as they'd just waste time after that and NDJ seemed to dwell on the ball for what seemed like ages at the time before playing it to Sergio. Even when the ball went in I still took a second to check if the goal was going to stand. Then I went to hug my son but he'd gone down the steps.

Vinnie's wife said in one of those articles published about the day recently that she had to be politically correct and had to say her wedding and the birth of their daughter topped it but I knew what she really meant. The sheer drama, tension, raw excitement and unpredictability of those few moments and what it meant, made it THE most amazing moment of all.

I remember going ape shit at Nasri for that, the ball had clearly come off a City player last and he let it run out for a throw-in and then attempted to take it! I'd have happily strangled the bloke at that moment!

When Dzeko scored I remember the initial celebration followed a second later with me yelling "Now get the ball back to half way and kick fucking off again"

I think what we'd done finally dawned on me when QPR took the kick off at 3-2 and just belted the ball far into the corner without bothering to chase it. It was only then when I allowed myself to think "Fuck, they're not going to even try and score, we've only gone and fucking done it"!<br /><br />-- Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:27 pm --<br /><br />
DANNY O'B said:
i was in tunisia surrounded by bastarding chelsea fans, was almost in tears when my gf turned to me and said 'its just a game danny'
You mean ex-gf surely?!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.