13 May at 87 minutes. Admit you had a tantrum.

No tantrum just sat there in total disbelief, thinking thank god I live in Durham which is almost a rag free zone so I wouldnt have to have to put up with all the shit. Didnt really celebrate when Dzeko scored thought it was all over again, went completely bonkers when SA scored cried like a 50 yr old baby

No tantrum just saying to me dad even if we lose I will stay and clap the lads as we have have had a great season no matter what , though when it was 2-2 I was sat in my seat saying we ain't never gonna score need sunderland to equalise

87 minutes was no different from the point Mackie scored until Edin did.

I just sat on the sofa gutted that we couldn't do it with by far the best team in the league, a superb manager, a magnificent owner, a home game against the crappest away team in the league, against ten men and we had scored first. I felt sick that Ferguson would be gloating about how they never give in until the end blah blah blah........... Most depressed I'd ever been as a blue and that includes 2-0 down at Wembley and a few horrible relegations.

Then Edin scored.....a guttural shout, I stood up and belief just surged. I knew we would get one more chance and I thought it might actually be a last kick of the game pen from Mario - now THAT would have been sport as ultimate theatre.

Around the 80th minute I kicked my seat and it flipped back against my shin!, it murdered but it felt good as I was absolutely desolate, all I could think was how do we get over this? the club but more importantly us the fans, i was in a really dark place..when Edin scored I knew we had a chance,when it went in...wow..I've watched City for over 40 years but nothing will ever come close to that..
P.s I still have a mark from kicking the seat which I look at fondly...
Never thought I would see this... :)
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.iconicautographs.com/product.php?id_product=1071" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.iconicautographs.com/product ... oduct=1071</a>

Matty said:
I'd spent the previous 10 minutes in a state of depression, convinced we'd just fucked it all up royally and dreading the avalanche of Twitter/Facebook United clowns I'd need to deal with for the next few months. The bloke next to me, to his credit, kept saying "it's not over yet" whilst his daughter and her mate were in floods of tears. I'm not sure whether he genuinely believed it or simply couldn't bring himself to contemplate anything else at that stage. I didn't have a tantrum, but I was certainly convinced it was over, that we'd achieved the unthinkable, and lost to the worst away side in the league to throw away the title. When Dzeko scored I didn't go mental, although clearly I celebrated. However I just had this feeling that we'd get another chance, one more opportunity to score. From my seat in Block 109 I was directly behind Aguero when he stepped past Taiwo, in that brief second before he struck the ball I KNEW he'd score, I was leaping to celebrate as he hit it, it just seemed inevitable to me. There were floods of tears around me again, but for entirely different reasons this time. I haven't got kids. I'm not married. That moment was the best moment of my entire life. Something truly spectacular is going to have to happen for that to ever change.
I remember the girls bursting into tears when Mackie scored and the bloke next to you saying it'll be alright and agreeing with him. "Plenty of time yet" I seem to remember saying at that point.

As the clock got to 90 minutes I just felt sick at the same thought of rags ramming it down our throats so we must have discussed that. I don't think we celebrated that much when Dzeko scored; in some ways it just made it worse thinking we'd come so close. I thought the game was up when the ball went out for the throw-in as they'd just waste time after that and NDJ seemed to dwell on the ball for what seemed like ages at the time before playing it to Sergio. Even when the ball went in I still took a second to check if the goal was going to stand. Then I went to hug my son but he'd gone down the steps.

Vinnie's wife said in one of those articles published about the day recently that she had to be politically correct and had to say her wedding and the birth of their daughter topped it but I knew what she really meant. The sheer drama, tension, raw excitement and unpredictability of those few moments and what it meant, made it THE most amazing moment of all.

No, I didn't. I was numb. I didn't celebrate Dzeko's goal or even scream c'mon as though we had a shot. I would have stayed to the end to applaud off the team for a fantastic season but I wasn't staying in expectation of a turnaround.

I didn't have a tantrum no. I was hoping for equalisers both by us and by Sunderland at that time. When Edin scored and the United game finished my thoughts turned to a possible winner.

I did have the mother of all tantrums when Gillingham scored the second at Wembley years before that led to me locking myself in a toilet in a Pub in County Down only coming out when my Brother said;

"Horlock's scored and their is seven minutes of Injury time."

You buggers have just made me stop work and watch the last 20 minutes of the game again.

Still have an empty feeling going into added time even though I know what comes next.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.