13 May at 87 minutes. Admit you had a tantrum.

I had the sound off for most of the game as the sportsnet commentators were apalling,at 2-1 I went into a zen like trance where I was watching but not really believing what I was seing after the season we'd had,seing what seemed like endless corners go amiss then Dzeko popped up and I lost it big time and could hardly breathe the rest is sweet history.

I was just sat in my seat looking down, couldn't watch us throw it away it was horrible. I was just preparing for all the abuse we'd get and the potential of watching them win it. In all honesty I wanted to leave but never would in any City game. Remember one guy a couple rows down trying to get everyone going and make sure we stayed behind the team. He got a lot of hugs after the final whistle.

It was the worst feeling ever at a football game for me I think which then turned into the best.

I was consoling my 2 sons which helped me stop feeling sorry for myself but it almost kicked off a few rows in front of me.

A dad had given his 2 young sons these hooters attached to tins of compressed air. Everytime they pressed them they made a very loud hoot. This was fine whilst City were winning but one they were 2-1 behind and the boys continued hooting it began to royally piss other people off.

At one point another fan said to the dad "If your boys don't keep their hooters quite I'm going to shove them up their ****ing arses!".

Cue minor scuffle and interjection of stewards.

It got a bit surreal for me because when Dzeko scored someone behind said that Sunderland had equalised so there was a brief additional celebration but the reality was that nobody knoew what was going on whatosever.

chabal said:
I was consoling my 2 sons which helped me stop feeling sorry for myself but it almost kicked off a few rows in front of me.

A dad had given his 2 young sons these hooters attached to tins of compressed air. Everytime they pressed them they made a very loud hoot. This was fine whilst City were winning but one they were 2-1 behind and the boys continued hooting it began to royally piss other people off.

At one point another fan said to the dad "If your boys don't keep their hooters quite I'm going to shove them up their ****ing arses!".

It got a bit surreal for me because when Dzeko scored someone behind said that Sunderland had equalised so there was a brief additional celebration but the reality was that nobody knoew what was going on whatosever.

lol. Typical City.

was hoping Sunderland would do us a favour at 2-1 down then when no one relayed that news thought we werent going to do it.I knew there was time at 2-2 as I had started my watch at 90 mins but never really imagined us scoring again.After all,City always seem to let you down when you least expect them to.When the goal went in,I looked at the liner-no flag,the referee,nothing then went mental.Its only then you want to be in a standing area (i am in Block 308)so you could really go mental! Then thought of my Dad up there thinking, thanks for making me a blue and wish we could share it together like we did in 99.

chabal said:

Must be sat right near me that happened a row infront of me acroos the way in 135

MATCITY said:
chabal said:

Must be sat right near me that happened a row infront of me acroos the way in 135

Yep, that's the one. We're in Row S.

Looking back it was hilarious but if City had lost I dread to think where those hooters would have ended up.

chabal said:
MATCITY said:
chabal said:

Yep, that's the one. We're in Row S.

Looking back it was hilarious but if City had lost I dread to think where those hooters would have ended up.
yeah im on S too on the left hand side, I think that would have been the least of the problems if we had lost

My son and I were both in tears at 90 minutes couldn't believe we were blowing it, next minute Edin equalized and we had hope, then SERGIOOO what a hero. I can't think of another sporting moment, where people are still talking about it nearly a year later, truly the greatest and most gut wrenching moment of being a city fan

I don't think I watched the game between Mackie's goal and Dzeko's goal.

I just remember looking at my feet for twenty minutes, planning the next few days as a City fan avoiding any contact with other football fans.

It's sort of odd because if you watch the game back and skip to 87 minutes, there's so much anger. It's not frustration or sadness or hopelessness, it is pure anger.

But when Dzeko scored I did jump and shout encouragement, as did my mum and cousin. But the people around me stayed sitting, as if they didn't feel it was enough (I sit in 234).

As for Aguero's goal, I remember seeing the shot go in and jumping to the left - literally screaming in the high-pitched manner of a young girl.

I think I either collapsed to, or was knocked to, the floor. I landed on my knees and stayed there for a good thirty seconds or so while everyone jumped around me. My head in my hands in utter disbelief and amazement.

The first thing I remember after getting back up was seeing Kolarov receiving a piggy back from one of our coaching staff.

And then the whistle went. I cried on and off for a good hour after that. Best day of my life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.