13 May at 87 minutes. Admit you had a tantrum.

i know for a fact that i will never be able to replicate the thoughts and feelings that went through my body at that time, that disappoints me a bit, but to have it just once was magical...................can you think of a better scenario? It was better that it wasn't against the rags cuz them pictures of them at sunderland and fergie trying to tell his players to go and applaud the rags whilst trying to appear ' we knew they'd win anyway' face were fucking priceless, goosebumps again!!

haydockboy said:
i know for a fact that i will never be able to replicate the thoughts and feelings that went through my body at that time, that disappoints me a bit, but to have it just once was magical...................can you think of a better scenario? It was better that it wasn't against the rags cuz them pictures of them at sunderland and fergie trying to tell his players to go and applaud the rags whilst trying to appear ' we knew they'd win anyway' face were fucking priceless, goosebumps again!!
Very true thought the same thing it was all a big fast moving blur

All I could think of was all the crap I'd get off the rags, I was up and down in my eat like a brides nightie I'm in 117 and I never sit down but I didn't know what to do with myself. I'd purposely not got pissed before the game so I could watch it and drink it all in thinking we were going to walk it, it was all a blur at the end I just remember falling down the steps towards the pitch with bodies everywhere, I had my first child in Sept and I know my wife would hate this but that day in My was more emotional for different reasons.

Lots of people worried about what the rags would say if we had lost. Strange one that. Personally, I'd have donned my City shirt on Monday for work and walked in head held high, shouting "bring it on fuckers!"

I would have been more worried/upset at having not won the title. As it happens, it never even crossed my mind at the time because, all along, I knew :)

I remember running around the Waldorf saying over and over again to people "don't forget Gillingham".

Armchair viewer that day. No tantrum. Just resignation really. Other family members had left me to my solitary gloom. Dzeko's goal triggered some sort of frenzy I thought had been killed v's Luton in 1983. If we'd lost 2-1 then I'd have got over the gloom in a day or two. As it was, if it had remained 2-2 and Sky had cut to Phil Jones celebrations in Sunderland, I may well have kicked the TV to pieces and jammed the bits up next door's dog. Hope is a funny old thing.

Spent the summer watching replays in the evening and blubbing.

Only football can do this to large numbers of otherwise stable sane people. Olympics? - my arse.

I was stood up a foot or two from the tv for most of the second half (as is the case with me for most matches, but this one was different of course). Just pleading, cursing, hoping, hanging on for hope. It sounds bullshit to say you had a feeling. perhaps it was more of an open mindedness based on the strength of the squad, the fact that we were at home, that it was QPR, whatever it was.. but I can say that when Edin scored I looked at my wife and said "one will get you two, honey". She was holding my infant son, he had his little City shirt on and I kissed him for luck... and I kept looking at the stoppage time and calculating how many more goes we would have at it.. Then as Sergio is bringing his foot back to strike it, it was the holiest of holy shit moments.. when the ball hit the net I took off screaming down my hallway and jumped around every room of my house. My son started crying (happens a lot when I celebrate a goal a little too loudly) so I ran back in and started kissing my wife and son and I just remember my wife rubbing my son's back and trying to calm him and saying "No baby.. daddy's happy. Daddy's so happy."

This is all good (still struggle to comprehend it tbh), now imagine how 'they' felt?

And it gets even better :-)

Think it's actually ruined this year a bit though - nothing has or probably can come close.

Think it is affecting the whole support and we need to shake it off. Return of the Posnan was a good sign - we are getting over the shock and trauma and maybe starting to enjoy ourselves again. Hope so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.