13 May at 87 minutes. Admit you had a tantrum.

I had a tantrum when Nasri let that ball run out for a throw to them. Never used such bad language at a game before.

I'll never forget how I felt though when it looked like we'd blown it. This empty/sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. It was quite peculiar. I don't want to feel that way again.

I didn't have a tantrum, but I did feel pretty empty inside. I tried to rationalise with myself that If we couldn't beat QPR then we didn't deserve the league, and that it was potentially another typical city moment and I'd be back next year.

But It was the perfect game, I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I didn't slag off one United fan, I didn't have to, they had a long 2 months to think about it hahaha

What a game.

Just half way through reading the thread. Had to stop as I have a problem with my eyes which are 'watering'.
I felt similar to many others. I thought Edin's goal was a consolation and angry that he/they could not have done it earlier to give us a chance.
Nobody can take away the finish from us. It will live in the memory forever. The best ever finish to a game/season ever.
Great thread, Pam. Can we keep it for a while ?

At 2 . 1 down my son (13) was stood next to me crying. I put my arm round him and told him to believe and reminded him about previous games he thought had gone in similar fashion . I was also shouting to my mate to come back down the steps and see it to the end.
Enter edin dzeko and then everyone had a little belief that maybe the impossible was possible. The rest is wrote in history and will never be topped "TYPICAL CITY" :-)

I used the words "I don't fucking believe it" for 10 minutes solid. First in a negative way and then in a positive way if you know what I mean. By the way I still don't fucking believe it.

My daughter was born five days later. She was due on the 6th and everybody kept telling me that week she wasn't coming out until we were Champions. It would have been a long pregnancy! I thought of her a lot, I wanted her to be born when City were the best team inn England, i was heartbroken.

I sat there very quiet wondering how they had managed to mess it up yet again. Then Graham behind us said that "We could be in trouble here" and I instantly regained my faith. Cheers Graham - consistent to the end.

bluesteve said:
Just half way through reading the thread. Had to stop as I have a problem with my eyes which are 'watering'.
I felt similar to many others. I thought Edin's goal was a consolation and angry that he/they could not have done it earlier to give us a chance.
Nobody can take away the finish from us. It will live in the memory forever. The best ever finish to a game/season ever.
Great thread, Pam. Can we keep it for a while ?

Exactly how I felt. In my mind the game was over at 2-2, so I turned away and went for a smoke, resulting in me missing Agüero's goal. If anyone ever sees me do anything like that again, please slap me round the head.

I was stood out the back of Mary D's, cig in one hand, head in the other, didn't even flinch when Dzeko scored as I thought it was too little, too late and was just going to add insult to injury. As a solitary tear escaped my eyes, the place suddenly erupted, I ran inside to my see my little bro and sis going crazy (along with everyone else), my Dad with his shirt off swinging it around his head and the only words leaving my mouth over and over again being - "Is this real, have we actually done it??"......the rest is a blur which ended the next day with the most painful but thankful headache I've ever had, followed by 2 days of having no voice! A day I will never forget!!!

I had been given hospitality tickets in Legends for my 50th. I had met the King and Big Joe Corrigan. I was convinced we couldn't lose. As others have said when Cisse scored I started to get that sick feeling and from the point Traore skipped past Vincent I knew they were about to score again. I sat in my seat simply numb and wondering why this kept happening to us. Why the scum had all the luck and we had all the pain.

My wife kept telling me that it would be alright and that City would win. I don't think I was very nice to her! When Edin scored my first thought was "one f***ing goal, we are going to lose out by one f***ing goal". I didn't, couldn't celebrate it (sorry Edin). Then came the miracle and even as I type this I am covered in goosebumps. I went mental. Knocked my wife over in trying to hug and thank her for loving me and being there with me. Hugged everybody and anybody else I could (nobody seemed to object).

Along with getting married to Anne-Marie and seeing my children being born, it was and will always be the best day of my life. I have never felt such elation or moved from despair to celebration so quickly in my life. I cannot see how it will ever be equalled.

Oh and for that "Blue" who suggested that it was 'time to move on'; really? Anybody who wants to and/or is able to forget and move on is not human and fails to understand what being City is all about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.